Friday, September 12, 2008

Success!

I have a new pan.
It was relatively painless. I say relatively because when I went into the store, I was helped by a woman that I find completely irritating.
Quick story: Williams-Sonoma was one of the stores that Jim and I registered at before our wedding. One day during my lunch break, I was wandering through the store (the same one I just went to, in the mall downstairs) and I noticed something that caught my eye. Since there were plenty of shopping days left until our wedding, I decided to add it to the registry. A saleswoman came over to help me and when I told her that I wanted to add something to my registry, she completely tried to talk me out of it. She kept saying that it didn't cost that much and I could just buy it myself. What?!?! Bitch, mind your own damn business, and help me!!! Anyway, she FINALLY shut the hell up and helped me add it to my registry. Yeesh...what a loon.
Needless to say, she was the one that cornered me this morning.
I explained the issue to her and she went off on a tirade about how to cook with non-stick cookware. She was saying that it shouldn't be used over extremely high heat, it shouldn't be used in the oven, I should only use only wooden utensils on it, and that I should always use oil in the pan, even though it's non-stick.

A. I'm not the cook.
B. I think she's full of shit.

As she was talking, one of the managers (a very nice man I've chatted with before) came over, took one look at the pan, and said "Is this an exchange? That's fine, we should have plenty out back." She then shut her trap and went out back in search of a new pan.
She returned with the pan and proceeded to go about her business.
I quickly finished up the transaction with the manager and that was that.
Now I just have to get the damn thing home on the train.

No comments: