Friday, September 5, 2008

Fridays Rule!

Well peeps, it's Friday.

Once again I'm here at my desk, wearing my jeans and looking forward to 4pm. :-)

Poor little Scooter has a touch of diarrhea. Wait, is that too gross to talk about? Oh well, get over it...I'm not going to go into any details...don't worry. Anyway...at 4:45 this morning, I woke up out of a sound sleep because I heard the little baby crying from inside his crate. Now, he NEVER makes a peep unless something is going on, so I knew he was trying to tell me something.

I got out of bed, threw on my glasses (I'm B-L-I-N-D without them) and saw that he was doing his 'Let me out of here, and be quick about it!' dance in his crate. I quickly put on a t-shirt, grabbed his collar, opened the crate, put on his collar and let him out the door. Well, he FLEW down the stairs. While I was putting on a pair of shorts and finding my flip-flops (side note: remember back in the 70's when we used to call them 'thongs'? That was before those other thongs took over the definition of the word) he kept running up to me to check on my progress look at me like "Bitch, hurry it up!!". I got his leash on, we headed out the door, and he RAN to the back of the yard. Phew! He made it.

When all was said and done, he seemed totally fine. We went back into the house where he patiently waited for me to get undressed and bring him upstairs. I opened the bedroom door and he ran right into his crate. I took off his collar and he was curled up in a ball before I even got back into bed. Good boy. :-)

At this point, it was 4:55 and my alarm was set to go off at 5:15. Shit. I hate that. I decided that 20 minutes is 20 minutes and I made the best of it. I fell asleep and with a quiet groan, woke up when my alarm went off.

Jim is working from home today so he'll take care of him if need be. Not that it's anything serious, but you never know. Scooter tends to eat anything and everything he comes across and Jim mentioned that he got into some unpleasant 'stuff' (again - no need for details) in the backyard yesterday, so I'm sure that's the cause. That dog is a lot of work, and we have to keep constant tabs on him...but he's awesome and I love him to death.



Jim and I are going to the Jimmy Buffet concert tomorrow. Now, we're not official 'Parrotheads' (which apparently are what the die-hard fans call themselves) but this summer Jim and I were down the Cape with my sister's family and their friends they told us they had some extra tickets and asked us if we were interested in going to the concert. They eventually talked us into it, with the promise of fun, fun, fun - so we're going. Of course, that was long before Tropical Storm Hannah reared her ugly, wet, and windy head. Because of her, the concert time was moved from 8pm to 3pm...which I think is SOOO much better (Act One Finale of Legally Blonde anybody? Nobody.). Hopefully the change in time will get us out of there before she hits. Not that we're expecting anything more than rain and some possibly strong winds, but it'll be nice to not have to deal with being soaked at the concert.

We're not exactly sure what to expect, but we're hoping we have fun. Look for a full report on Monday.

In other random news, I just read that Christy Carlson Romano is joining the Broadway cast of 'Avenue Q'. Now, being the COMPLETE musical theatre freak that I am, I know her from her career as a 'Broadway Kid' in such shows as 'The Will Rogers Follies', 'The Sound of Music' and 'Parade'....she also eventually went on to be one of several Broadway Belles in 'Beauty and the Beast'. The general public (especially those with children) would know her as the voice of Kim Possible on the Disney animated series Kim Possible. I didn't know that she's also a published author, but apparently she is. Very cool.

The thing I love is that by casting her in this show, they CLEARLY they aren't casting her for her Disney fan base. In case you aren't aware, 'Avenue Q' is a very adult musical. Christy will be simulating full-on puppet sex, while operating a totally nude, female, monster puppet. Go Disney! :-)

I'm sure all the loons over at All That Chat (on Talkinbroadway.com) will still be screaming about stunt casting. Maybe they'll surprise me...but I highly doubt it.

That's all for now...have a wild and crazy (but safe!) weekend.

PS - Kitchen Nightmares had it's season premiere last night. It was awesome...and yes, I cried. More than once....which I'm totally fine with.

No comments: