Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's Tuesday....It's Tuesday....

These long weekends TOTALLY screw me up. Of course, I'm not complaining about it, but I'm completely thrown off. Even last night I was expecting to sit down to my usual Sunday night 'shows' - but because it was Monday night, they weren't on. :-)

Anyway - I had a GREAT weekend. Friday night, Jim and I went to our usual hang-out 'Ye Olde Standish Grille' for dinner and a few (dozen) drinks. We sat at the bar and after eating, we hung out for a while and watched the Red Sox game. Of course, that's our downfall. Any time we're there for dinner and the Red Sox game is on, we inevitably end up staying longer and drinking more than we should so we can watch the game. It's a fun place and the waitstaff/bartenders like us, so we keep coming back for more. After we left there, we went home and continued to drink out on the back porch while playing Skip-Bo.
It was totally one of those moments where Jim and I sit back and look at how lucky we are. There we were, sitting on our screened in porch, in our house, with our dog running around, looking over at our pool on one side and our hot tub on the other. It was awesome. If someone had told me 5 years ago that I'd be a married homeowner in 2008 I'd have never thought it possible. Lucky, lucky me. :-)

Saturday morning Jim and I got up early and headed for NH to meet up with Guy and Kerry and their two kids. We met up with them (at their house in Merrimack) and then made the trip over to our friend Leah's parents house. They have an AMAZING house, pool, yard, etc...and we were spending the day there. It was so much fun. First of all the house and yard are beautiful. It's like spending the day at a resort. And they have the 2 cutest dogs in the world. We ate like pigs and had a great time. Since Scooter was home alone for most of the day, we left fairly early - but still, we had so much fun.

Sunday morning we got up early (again), packed up all of Scooter's things (as well as ours)
and headed to the Cape for the day. We arrived at Jim's parent's house around 10am and again, had a great day. Scooter was with us so we didn't have to worry about getting home in a rush. We went to the beach for a while, went back to the cottage for snacks and drinks, went out on the boat and went tubing for a while. While tubing was VERY fun - I'm now sore because of it. OLD MAN!!! Anyway - After spending some time on the boat, we returned to the cottage for more relaxation and a yummy dinner. After dinner we played a quick game of Trivial Pursuit then Jim and I headed home. Since we were exhausted and had a LONG day...we went right to bed. Being elderly is fun.

Monday was another beautiful day spent mostly running errands and preparing for the week. We went grocery shopping early in the day, had lunch and then while I read by the pool (in the shade, since I got a LOT of sun on Sunday) Jim swam with Scooter. They both love to swim, and Scooter is getting VERY good at it. It's so cute to watch the two of them swimming together. After swimming, Jim and I ran to Lowe's and Target. We didn't buy anything, other than a new belt for me (yay!) and peanut butter (which we forgot to get while grocery shopping). I'm sure the cashier thought we were crazy seeing us come through the line with a black, dress belt and a jar of reduced fat, extra-chunky peanut butter. :-) We decided to end our long weekend with a bang - and ordered Chinese food. I know, I know...SOOOOO bad for us, but it's been a while since we've had it, and we're back to eating healthy this morning.

Speaking of....I have GOT to stop writing and get to work.
Right after I have my breakfast. :-)

PS - I'll post some pictures from the weekend...and from the [title of show] trip, as soon as Jim downloads them from the camera for me.

No comments: