Monday, September 8, 2008

Sick As A Dog....

Well, I'm worried SICK today. Poor little Scooter still isn't back to normal so Jim is working from home and taking him to the vet at noon. Poor little thing. He hasn't been 'right' since Friday and in addition to the diarrhea, he's thrown up a couple of times so we called the vet and we're bringing him in. He's not 'acting' that he's still running around, has energy and he seems very interested in eating. We made him some plain, white rice and he wants no part of it (not that I blame him....BO-RING). He keeps going over the his bowl and checking it out. I think he's expecting it to magically turn into something more appetizing. :-)

Keep your eyes peeled for a late-afternoon, post-vet update today.

Jim and I had a BUSY weekend. Friday night we skipped our usual trip to Ye Olde Standish Grill in order to go see my niece Victoria cheer at her first football game. She's just started her freshman year of high school and made the squad. She goes to an all-girls school, so they cheer for a local all-boys high school. Jim and I went to the game, but only stayed for the first half. We were able to see her cheer a number of times and since we were being endlessly attacked by mosquitoes - we got the hell out of there. Her team ended up losing, but apparently it was a very good game. She did a great job. I was very proud and look forward to seeing her again. YAY Victoria!!!

Saturday was the Jimmy Buffet concert. Now, don't get me wrong...I had a great time, but honestly, I wouldn't do it again. It was a super-expensive day for very little payoff.

There were 13 of us that went, and we pitched in to rent an RV for the day (great idea, by the way). We got to the parking area, set up, and started the party fairly early. Because Tropical Storm Hannah was heading our way - they moved the concert time up from 8pm to 3pm...which I think was an excellent idea.

Once we were set up, we drank, ate, ate, and then drank some more up until about 2:30 when we packed up most of the stuff and headed to the concert. Jim and I were sitting separately from everyone else, and had 'OK' seats. They weren't under cover, so as soon as it started pouring....we were wet. And it rained a lot. Then it rained again. At one point we just said 'screw it' and took off our shirts. So there we were, shirtless and enjoying Jimmy Buffet. I think the rain was the best part. :-) Now, I'm not the 'walk around shirtless' type, (unless I'm at my pool or the beach) but to be honest, it was so much more comfortable to be shirtless than to deal with a wet shirt hanging off my back. Of course at one point I turn around and sitting about 10 rows behind us were two people that Jim and I know! Crazy. As it turns out, they've been going to Jimmy Buffet concerts for the past 7 years or so. How weird that we're sitting right in front of them!?!?!? It's just further proof that I can't go anywhere without seeing people I know. :-)

When the concert was over, we made our way back to the RV, for some more grilling and beer. When the crowds cleared out a bit,we made our way home with a quick pit-stop at my sister's house for 'one more drink'. I had water...and more water.

Again, we had a really good time, but for the amount of money we spent in one day - we could have gone away for an entire weekend. Keep your eyes peeled for some pictures...I'm sure I'll post them eventually.

Sunday morning I woke up slightly hung-over and a lot tired. While Jim cleaned the backyard and pool (we had a TON of leaves, branches, etc. all over the place, thanks to Hannah) I cleaned the house in preparation for the in-laws coming over at 5pm to celebrate my mother in-law's birthday. We cleaned, we went shopping for a present and then went grocery shopping. It was fun.

Side note: I love grocery shopping...especially at Stop and Shop. I won't bore you with the specifics, but I love it there...oh - and there was some CRAZY-ASS mother there shopping with her three kids. She was screaming her head off at them the entire time, all the while she's pushing around two carriages. And when I say she was screaming, I'm not exaggerating...she was out of her mind. Granted, her kids seemed like they were a bit 'restless' but holy cow...everything that came out of her mouth was screamed. I was hysterical. My favorite part was when her oldest son knocked over about 5 glass jars of peanuts and she screamed "Help me pick those up!!!! We're getting the HELL out of here!!!" Awesome parenting.

Anywhoo - After shopping we headed home. I wrapped presents while Jim put away the groceries, everyone arrived, they swam, I grilled, we ate, we drank (no beer for me, thanks), we opened presents, we had cake and ice cream, we made s'mores. They all left, we cleaned, I made lunches, we collapsed onto the couch, watched 'Family Guy' and went to bed.

A good time was had by all .

Now I'm here....avoiding work and worrying about my puppy. I'll be in touch.....

No comments: