Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lipstick On A Pig

Oh my word....I was in hysterics watching the news this morning.
For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, I'll keep it brief.
In a speech yesterday, Barack Obama made the following comment:

"You know, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."

Of course the McCain/Palin camp is losing its mind over the whole thing, while I find it a hoot and half. To say that it wasn't intentional is silly. Of COURSE it was. Whoever reviewed/wrote Obama's speech knew that it would create a stir, and it certainly did. I think it's funny. I mean all he did was use a well known turn of phrase, right? Of course right. (Fiddler on the Roof, anyone?)
I'm sure this will be ALL OVER the news for the next day or two and then it will fade away.
It'll be interesting to see how many reports mention the fact that at one point, McCain used the exact same turn of phrase to describe Hillary's healthcare plan.....

I've got lots to do today at work, and then I'm joining some friends to see 'Follies' tonight at The Lyric Stage Company. Very exciting. I've never seen a fully staged production of it and I'm sure it will be fab.

Oh, and Scooter is just about back to normal! He's allowed to eat again, which he was VERY excited about, and he's finally keeping food inside him. :-)

A big happy birthday to my friend Scott in CA and a happy 20th wedding anniversary to my sister Donna and her husband Billy!!!!!

No comments: