Tuesday, September 16, 2008

About that commute...

Well, today certainly wasn’t any better than yesterday. Annoying.
Everything started out fine, but quickly went downhill.
I dropped Scooter off at day care…
Quick story: Since he was so sick last week, we didn’t send him to day care at all. Which meant that today was his first day there in over a week. He was OUT OF HIS MIND when we pulled up and totally lost it when I walked him inside. When the owner saw him, she too was going crazy. She yelled out ‘Scooter’s here!!’ and there was a collective cheer from the staff out in the back of the building. Either that or it was them screaming in terror. Who can say? :-)
Anyhoo…I dropped Scooter off, and since it was so much later than normal, I was sure that it would be faster for me to drive to the subway, as opposed to waiting for the next commuter rail train. Well, I was TOTALLY wrong. What should have been a half hour ride, turned into an hour and a half. At one point, I literally screamed out loud in my car. C-R-A-Z-Y. I ended up arriving at work about an hour later than I planned. Whatever. As it turns out, I didn’t miss a thing.

Now I’m here and waiting for some ‘stuff’ to happen before I continue my testing.

In other (excellent) news, I had my teeth cleaned yesterday and the hygienist was totally complimenting me on how great my teeth looked. AND I had no cavities.
That made me very excited.

I have to lower the water level in the pool tonight, since they’re coming to close it tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that I do it right. The pool is totally Jim’s domain, but since he’s on the other side of the world I have to prepare it for the closing. Our friend Katie is coming over for a visit, so at least I won’t be alone when I ruin the pool forever. See how much confidence I have in myself?!?! I’m kidding. I’m sure it’ll be fine….no worries.

In other pool (or at least water-related) news…I’m making a pledge to use the hot tub more this year. I know, I know…it’s a great thing to have and most people think I’m nuts for not using it more often – but that’s why I’m changing my tune! I will use it more…really, I will.

Have a great day!

No comments: