Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wednesday, Wednesday....

Let me start off by saying; if I didn't have training today, I'd still be in my bed.
I am SOOOO tired.
Last night Jim and I went to the SpeakEasy Stage Company Gala and had an AMAZING time. The event was great from beginning to end, and to make things even better, Jim and I were seated at a GREAT table.
We ended up being seated with Seth Rudestsky and his partner James!!!

For those of you who know me and/or read the blog with any kind of regularity you'll recall me mentioning Seth quite often in the past. I posted a picture of the two of us together last September, when I met him in New York. He hosts a show on Sirius radio, writes for Playbill, does a weekly show in New York where he interviews super fancy and fun Broadway folks, and he does a bazillion other fun and crazy things...way too many to mention. Anyway, as luck would have it, Jim and I were at their table. Also at the table were a couple of the people who performed at the event, the event's emcee and Paul, the founder and Artistic Director of the theatre, along with his husband Jeff, (we've known them both for many years).

I sat next to James and he was so friendly and funny. It was great to meet him in person. Seth does a ton of video blogs (vlogs) and James often shows up in the background, trying to avoid being filmed. He also shows up from time to time in photos that accompany Seth's weekly Playbill column, so I've 'seen' him a bunch of times, but never actually met him.
The night was full of great food, entertainment, and above all, it made a LOT of money for the theatre, which was excellent, as that was the main purpose for the event. :-)

It was so nice to see so many people I hadn't seen in a long time (Hi Richard!!) and having the chance to catch up on all the things that have been going on in our lives.

I'm going to try and make it through the day without collapsing on my desk...
I'll let you know if I'm successful or not. ;-)

2 comments:

Bubby said...

Hope you made it through the day, I too was faced with a day I wondered how I would manage, but like my life has over the last few months, I found strength and a surprisingly great day.

All the best.

www.gayoncemeanthappy.blogspot.com

Ur-spo said...

I recommend you do collapse - even for 15 minutes. I think it would do some good.