Monday, March 15, 2010

Enough with the rain....

It has been raining here non-stop since Saturday morning.
Add to that the fact that we 'lost' an hour this weekend, and that makes for one ROUGH morning. When the alarm went off this morning (at 5:15) I was convinced that it was a mistake. :-)

That being said, the weekend was fun and super-productive. I spent it alone (poor me) because Jim took a last minute trip to Provincetown with a couple of our friends.
I haven't caught up with him yet to get the details, but I'm pretty sure he had fun. ;-)

On Friday night I had rehearsal, followed by a lil' post-rehearsal b-day celebration for a mutual theatre friend/boyfriend of one of the RENT cast members. It was a nice way to end the week and a chance to wind down after what was a VERY good rehearsal.

On Saturday morning, I got up early with Scooter, relaxed on the couch for a bit, and then headed to B & K's place for an 'emergency head shot photo shoot'.
You see, at the theatre, they put all the actor's head shots up on a board out in the lobby and the one they have on file for me is WAY outdated. It's a great picture, but it looks nothing like the 'current' me. Since they needed a more recent head shot, I checked in with B to see if she had a free moment on Saturday to help me out and take a quick shot or two. Thankfully, she had the morning free and was able to squeeze me in.
It turned out to be super fast and SO much fun....of course.

Here are some pictures from the day....all credit going to B, naturally.

I brought munchkins, which I LOVE!!!

And I'm not the only one....

This is the one that I decided to use for the lobby...

This is the one that B liked a lot...

This was just for fun.

After my photo shoot, I headed home, changed, and then headed into Boston to go see the 4pm show of 'Adding Machine: A Musical' at SpeakEasy Stage Company. It was very good. I had no idea what to expect, but I really enjoyed it. I've listened to the original cast recording before (of COURSE I dork), but to be honest, I was NOT a fan. It's not exactly my cup of tea, and it's not really the most 'tuneful' musical I've ever heard. However, that was one of the reasons that I wanted to see it so badly. I was hoping that seeing it would make me change my mind, and it really has. I'm not saying that I'm going to throw the CD on and listen to it every day, but I am going to give it another listen. Now that I 'get' what's going on in the show, I have a feeling that it will be easier to listen to. Don't get me wrong...when I listened to the CD for the first time, I was able to figure out the story, and what was going on, but I want to give it another listen now that I've seen the show.
I loved the set, loved the cast, and I thought the staging was SOOO cool. It was a really interesting show, visually. It's not going to be everyone's 'thing' - but it was certainly well done.
If you're reading this, and you go see it...let me know what you think.

After the show, I made it home in record time, let Scooter out, fed him his supper, and then met up with a bunch of friends for dinner at Johnny Macaroni's, one of my FAVORITE local restaurants which I've mentioned here before.
Thankfully, it's close to home or I would have been super late. Dinner was SOOO good and we had a great time chatting and laughing.
After dinner, I stopped by our friend's house (in the next town over) for a quick visit. They were having a 'Beatles Rock Band' (on X-Box) party, and I said I would stop by. Since it was fairly early (10-ish) I decided to stop in, but I only stayed for a little while. I was tired and had a long Sunday ahead of me....not to mention the fact that we had to turn our clocks ahead, so I was going to lose an hour no matter what time I got home. Boo!

I got up on Sunday, played with Scooter as much as possible (he had a LOT of pent-up energy, poor thing - damn rainy days) and then headed out for my 'Super Sunday' rehearsal.
Rehearsal went well. I'm still not 100% sure about what I'm wearing at all times, but a lot of that will get sorted out tonight....I hope. We ran through the show and got as far as we could before it was time for dinner break.
After dinner, the cast gathered on the stage with the band for a sing-through.
That's always one of my favorite rehearsals, and last night was no exception. It was great to hear the band, and it was so much fun to be able to just stand there and sing without having to deal with all the 'technical' moving. :-)
The day ended around 10pm which made for a long day, but it was super-productive, and a nice end to a very busy weekend.

I didn't get to talk to Jim at all because he was in bed when I got home, but I'm pretty sure he had a great time in P-Town. When I got in last night I noticed that he'd folded the laundry, prepped the coffee machine for this morning, and made my I was able to just go right to bed when I got home.
Thank you Jim!!! xoxo :-)

OK everyone, I'm ready for a nap - but unfortunately my day is just beginning.
I hope you have a great day, and if the sun is shining where you are - PLEASE enjoy a little of it for me.


Dead Robot said...

The last shot = Adorable.

Glad to hear your rehearsals are coming together. Wish I could come see it!

chris caggiano said...

"...and it's not really the most 'tuneful' musical I've ever heard..."

Oh, Peaches. Uncle Ricky and I are going to have to have a little sit-down with you...

Ur-spo said...

I loved all the photos.

Munckins = sugar fried balls of death = delish !

RG said...

You should've done a shirtless pic for the lobby. LOL

Stephen said...

Nice blog, handsome guy, cute canine... what's not to like?
I will be back.