Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Change is good....right??

I have to keep telling myself that....even though changes make me crabby. :-)

I think I mentioned this before, but I’m going to be training on a new system here at work. (It's s new system to me, not new to the company.)
I was told about this a few weeks ago, so I began sitting through several pre-recorded training presentations. Well, as it turns out, the ‘powers that be’ decided that they're going to begin another round of LIVE training sessions - so I'll be a part of that training.

The good news is that I won't have to sit through a bunch of pre-recorded sessions.
The bad news is I'll be in training EVERY DAY from 10-1 for the entire month of March.
Awesome.

I have no idea how it's going to affect my new schedule or if I'll still be able to take every other Monday off for the month of March, but I've asked my manager to let me know. I do know that it's going to keep me from attending my weekly committee meetings, as well as force me to eat lunch alone. :-(
Oh well...it's only for a month, and hopefully after the training, I'll eventually be doing all sorts of fun and exciting new things!!

Speaking of work stuff, I have some good news to share!!
I found out yesterday that I'm getting a bonus and a raise this year!
I can't remember the last time I got a raise, and while this one is miniscule, I'm not at all complaining. It's certainly better than nothing!!
The bonus however, was a HUGE surprise for me. I had a feeling I'd be getting one, but the dollar amount was what surprised me.
Grateful, grateful, grateful....

I hope you're all doing well and like me, counting down the days until Spring arrives.
The tulips that Jim planted last year are already popping up through the ground in HUGE numbers. It's kind of crazy.
Our front garden is going to look like something direct from Holland...and I can't wait!!

I have a few pictures to share, but for some reason I can't post them.
Oh well. It's better than yesterday, when I couldn’t post anything!
I'll take what I can get. :-)

xoxo

8 comments:

wozzel said...

Hahaha, well, we are settling and getting into Autumn (fall) this side of the world. I love spring, I guess I’m going to have to wait a few months for it to come round again.
Hmm, eating lunch alone sucks, but like you said, its only a month, and who knows what comes after all of that! enjoy ;)
And good luck!

RG said...

See, I told you putting out would get you a raise - but a bonus! You MUST be really gooooooooooood. (giggle)

Anonymous said...

Hi John

Vic Mansfield said...

Yea for bonuses. I have heard about such things. And I remember that concept called a "pay raise" but haven't experienced it in a while.

Glad you got some vacation, and some new challenges. You can do it.

Larry Ohio said...

You got tulips coming out of the ground?!! Why do we still have 6 inches of snow on the ground here? Oh I hate you I hate you I hate you!

Ok, I really hate Ohio, not you. I'm now convinced that Ohio is America's rectum, and I want out! Can we come live with you guys? Just for a few years, ok?

Jim said...

Does this mean you're buying dinner now? ;-)

Congrats!

Ur-spo said...

hurrah for the promotion and the raise !

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.