Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

I completely forgot that today was St. Patrick's Day until I heard it on the radio this morning. Had I remembered, I would have dragged out my green shirt....damn it.
Oh well...

Let's see...I didn't write an entry yesterday because I was all frazzled when I got to work and had to rush off to training. Sorry!
I'm back today though and in here nice and early, so you get an entry. :-)

RENT is coming along nicely. Monday night's rehearsal was a little discouraging, just because cast morale wasn't all that high. We were all dealing with getting used to the stage, the set, the costumes, and after having such a kick-ass sing through with the band the night before, it was a difficult transition back to hearing just the keyboard. We also had a substitute guitarist who was there for the first time, so he was getting used to everything as well.
The good news is that we made it through the entire show that night and despite some (OK, a bunch) of flubs, it went fine.

Last night's rehearsal was a complete 360 from Monday night. It was our first time running the show on the stage with the entire band, which was very exciting.
Personally, I only had an OK show, but I was SO happy that we made it through the entire thing from start to finish. We only had to stop a couple of times to fix some 'big' issues, so that was a great thing. I think I have about 90% of my costumes set, and the few minor remaining things will be arriving tonight. I would LOVE to have at least 2 full run-throughs with the EXACT stuff I'll be wearing, but if I only get one, I'll survive.

Aside from the costume stuff, I had a couple of lyric 'confusions' (Sleigh Bells? Stockings? Santa Claus? Candy Canes? What the hell is it?!?) but I'll take care of that tonight. At least when I make my mistakes I made them with complete conviction, to the point where a few people thought THEY were the ones that screwed up. Hey, if I'm going to f' it up, I'm gonna do it with confidence!
Tonight we're back to the 'reduced' band (those people are costly to have around) but I'm sure in spite of that fact, we'll have a GREAT run through.
Positive thinking!!

On that note, and in honor of the day, I leave you with a few images from one of my favorite blogs: Cake Wrecks.com






And my personal favorite...



Yikes.

2 comments:

Jim S. said...

I know why that is your favorite.

Kyle Leach said...

Love the cakes John. :)