Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday, Thursday, Thursday

Good Day!!

It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood!
Well, it's not exactly beautiful, but at least it wasn't freezing out this morning...and the sun is shining!

As much as I despise losing an hour of sleep this weekend because of Daylight Savings Time, I love that it'll be lighter out when I arrive at work, and still be light out when I leave.

Hmmmm....let's see....my training classes have been going well. The application I'm learning is HUGE, but it's not too difficult to understand. It does a lot of 'stuff', but thankfully the app itself is fairly user-friendly. That always makes things a lot easier. As far as the classes are concerned, they're interesting and if nothing else, they've made the days go by quickly.

I'm on day 7 of my antibiotic and I'm SO over it. When I first started taking it, my stomach was feeling all crazy, but I think I'm finally used to it. I'm going back to the gym today which will be nice. I just hope it's not too crowded. I like my space. :-)

Can I just tell you that last week they removed all the toasters from our building's 'kitchenettes' because they're apparently considered a 'safety hazard'?!?!? It doesn't affect me in the least, because I never once used it, but I find it a little bit crazy that after God only knows how many years of having toasters in office buildings, they're suddenly too dangerous to keep around. As far as I know, there wasn't any specific incident that led to the 'Great Toaster Ban of 2010', but now it's a non-issue.
No toasters = no safety incidents.

I just hope they don't decide that the microwaves are too dangerous to have around as well...that would cause an UPROAR!!!

OK my peeps....I'm getting back to work. I got some stuff to bang out before I go to class.

Have a GREAT day!!!

PS - I didn't even mention that the final visit with our case worker went VERY well. She needs the hear back from all our references and write up the official home study document for our approval. Once those two things are completed, we're officially DONE - and the real waiting begins. Yikes.

5 comments:

Cubby said...

Toasters? That's a load of bull. Another example of the coddling of our society. Soon they will outlaw chairs with wheels.

I'm so happy for you that your final visit went so well, but was there any doubt? What are they telling you as far as a wait time now? Measured in weeks or in months?

Vic Mansfield said...

Yogurt. Go for the yogurt.
Glad things are going well.

Ur-spo said...

don't stop the antibiotic until the Rx is done !

Vic Mansfield said...

Oh. and Break a Leg!

Kyle Leach said...

John, glad you two are finally at the real waiting period. :)