Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Monday!

Yikes...I'm TIRED this morning. I never sleep well on Sunday nights and I never have. I'm not quite sure why at this point in my life it's still an issue. Sure, when you're in school it makes sense, you know - tests, papers, homework to pass in...all that stuff. But I certainly don't face any of those things at work. It must just be the fact that I know I'm at the start of a long week, full of, you know....work. :-)
Anyway...I'm here and although I'm not exactly working at the moment.....I'm ok.

This weekend was GREAT. Jim and I went out to dinner with Karen and Barrie on Friday night. We're constantly saying that we need to get together, but we never make actual plans. Finally, last week we got our act together and picked a date and it happened. It was so nice to see them, and catch up on all the exciting things going on in our lives.
Saturday Jim and I spent a good portion of the day cleaning the house (me) and doing yard work (Jim) but then we headed to Jamaica Plain for a kickball and BBQ extravaganza. Guys from our softball team (The Scoops) got together and played against another team in our division (the JJ Bodner Premiums) and then had a BBQ afterwards. I have to say that we got our asses handed to us by them. Apparently kickball is NOT our sport. Although we got killed (twice) it was still fun....and the BBQ was great. Lots of excellent food, and a great mix of people. It was nice to meet and spend time with people from another team.
Yesterday we hosted a big shin-dig at our house for all the East Bridgewater folks that Jim grew up with. His entire family was there, as well as a few other families (and all their children) from town. Again, it was one of those things that we've been talking about for a long, long time - but finally got around to actually doing. Everything went well, and I think people had a great time. Of course, I'm exhausted and sore this morning due to a combination of lack of sleep and playing kickball in my elderly state....it really shouldn't hurt to play kickball....right???

That's all for now....I'm going to try and do some actual work....maybe.

OH!!! Two more exciting things....Jim finally got the promotion he was waiting to hear about - and he surprised me on Friday night with tickets to go see [title of show] next Saturday. You can't even imagine how excited I am.....YAHOO!!!!!

Last thing...that horrible man was playing his guitar and 'singing' on the train platform again. Thankfully, the train came quickly. He still sucks.

No comments: