Tuesday, August 19, 2008

While The Cat's Away.....

I'll sit at home with Scooter trying to figure out what to do with myself for 2 days. :-)

Jim heads out this morning for two lovely days in Warwick, RI. He has some work 'stuff' going on down there, and he'll be back on Thursday, so it's not all that bad. If I can spend a week in the house all alone a month after we bought it, then I can certainly survive two nights in the house (with Scooter) after living there for almost two years.

So, I finished reading 'The Crossing' and now I'm on the third book in the trilogy 'Cities of the Plain'. This one is shaping up to be the best of the bunch. I have to say, after reading 'The Road' - I was SURE that I'd love everything Cormac McCarthy wrote. Apparently that's not at all the case. The first two books (while entertaining at points) were at times TEDIOUS to get through. Let's just say I'm glad I got that library card and didn't shell out any money for the books at Barnes and Noble (that's Noble, not Nobles....HUGE pet peeve of mine, by the way).
Speaking of Bahhnes and Nobles....I have a book on hold for me there and I CAN'T WAIT to buy it and read it. It's called 'The Q Guide to Broadway' and it's written by Seth Rudetsky. I read his other book called 'Broadway Nights: A Romp of Love, Life, and Musical Theatre' and laughed throughout the entire thing. It was hysterical. I think he's a riot, anyway - so I think that's a big part of it. I'm actually thinking about getting it ('Broadway Nights....') on CD as well. He had all sorts of fancy-pants Broadway folk read various characters in the book, so I'm sure I'll love it. Put it on my Christmas list!!!

So - that's what's happening with me today....coffee, work, pick up Scooter at day care and then find something incredibly exciting to do tonight. Which will most likely mean watching 6 episode of 'Family Guy'. Awesome.

No comments: