Thursday, August 28, 2008

Goooo Sox!!!!


Yay Red Sox!
Although I haven't watched the past couple of games, I'm thrilled to hear that they're spanking the Yankees. Hopefully they'll keep it up and finish them off tonight.
Has anyone else noticed that Jason Varitek's playing has GREATLY improved since he announced his divorce? Coincidence? I think not. More on that later.


If you know me, you know that I'm a huge fan of Google Images. One of my favorite things to do is to add a little 'spice' to my emails by throwing in a random image now and again. For example, in a recent conversation with my friend Kevin, we were discussing the possibility of his good friend from Florida coming up for a visit. At one point in our conversation, I threw in this little gem to keep things fun.




I think he appreciated it. My friend from college (Kerry) bears the brunt of my Google Images, but I have to be careful what I send her, since she works at a high school. I'd hate to send her something like this and have her get in trouble.


My final thought for the day is a mini-rave for someone who I find HILARIOUS and super-entertaining. His name is Seth Rudetsky and you can read all about him here: http://www.sethrudetsky.com/
He's an author, Sirius Radio host, actor, pianist, and a whole lot more. He has a ton of videos on YouTube where he will 'deconstruct' singers (mostly Broadway types) in which he picks out the most SPECIFIC things they do and he completely obsesses about them. I love it. It's something I've done my entire life. Not surprisingly, I've met very few people who share my excitement over such things. I'm referring to things like; listening to one note, word or phrase over and over again because it's just that amazing, fun, and/or horrible.

Go to YouTube, search for Seth Rudetsky and watch all his videos...then buy both his books. Then read his weekly column ('Onstage & Backstage') at http://www.playbill.com/.
Tell him that 'John in Boston' sent you.

Follow up to the cobbler yesterday: I now understand why no one goes to them anymore. They wanted to charge me $60 to reattach the heel/sole of my shoe. No f'ing way. I went home and Crazy Glued it myself. Piss off old timey businesses. If it's cheaper for me to buy a brand new pair of shoes rather than have you fix my old ones, you need to do some 'price adjusting'.

To all the folks in New Orleans who are gearing up for Southern Decadence this weekend I hope you all stay safe, and that Gustav keeps the hell away. For those of you who don't know what Southern Decadence is, you should Google it and read all about it. I'd never heard of it until last week. Let's just say it sounds....very fun - to say the least. :-)

Happy Thursday!!!!

No comments: