Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to Normal

Happy Friday!! I'm in a much better mood today.
I love Fridays. Not only do I get to wear jeans to work, but it means that I'm just hours away from the weekend. :-)
Jim was (finally!!) home last night, I slept well, my commute this morning was great, and to top it all off, there were no performers on the subway platform. Yahoo!!
So, I'm super excited for tomorrow. Jim and I are headed to New York City to see [title of show]. It's a show that I've been pretty much obsessed with for the past year or so. Quick back story...it's a musical that was written by 2 self-proclaimed theatre geeks (Hunter Bell and Jeff Bowen) and the show is about 2 self-proclaimed theatre geeks writing a musical. Crazy, huh? The show stars the both of them along with 2 of their female friends (Susan Blackwell and Heidi Blickenstaff). It was part of a Musical Theatre festival a few years ago where it was picked up by a producer and eventually had a fairly successful off-Broadway run, which incidentally, led to a CD being recorded of the show. Thank God for that! Rather than disappearing into the 'unknown' (wherever little shows go when they die) the brains behind the show's creation kept up their website, kept writing in their blog and started a series of episodes of 'The [title of show] Show' on YouTube. The main focus of 'The [title of show] Show was that the show was heading to Broadway. It started out just for fun, but because of God knows what, the show actually made it to Broadway in July of this year and has been running ever since.
That's the story in a nutshell. I love the show, not only because it's full of great music and totally fun - but the fact that it's about these 2 guys and their 2 female friends who had an idea and totally went for it. Just awesome. I still manage to get all teary listening to the recording. I can't tell you how excited I am about seeing the show and saying hi to them all afterwards. Now, I'm NOT typically a 'Stage Door Johnny' - but I'm making an exception in this case. Stay tuned for pictures from the trip.
In the meantime, check out their website at www.titleofshow.com and look for their videos on YouTube. The Christmas Special is one of my all-time favorites.

Well, it's Friday and I couldn't be happier. I'm just sitting at my desk, typing away in my skin-tight, ripped, acid wash jeans.

Kidding. I'm just wearing my regular, boring Levis....but at one point I certainly could have been seen in the aforementioned jeans. Yikes.

Happy Weekend to one and all......

1 comment:

Living with baby {b}! said...

I am so jealous! Have a great time...I can't wait to hear about the show and your trip!