Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What Kind of Fool Am I????


I can't even believe that it's April.
And it was about 30 degrees when I left my house this morning. Good lord.
I think it's about time that Spring gets around to springing. Please?

Anyway...things are great in my world. Work has been busy, the show has been going well, and in spite of the chilly weather (grrrrr!) I can't complain.

I had to go right from work to a wake last night (sad) but I came home to a lovely surprise.

In his 'time off' Jim has been doing SOOOO much around the house. On Monday he cleaned the entire house from top to bottom and did all the laundry. Then, I came home yesterday and he had TOTALLY transformed the back yard.

As I mentioned on here a while ago, we had two VERY large trees removed from our backyard. Well, Jim spent the entire day working out there and now it looks AMAZING.

Before the trees were removed, we had a total of three garden 'areas'. One on each side of the yard and one that surrounded the largest tree. When the largest tree was removed, it looked really odd to have a garden smack dab in the center of the yard. In order to even things out, Jim transplanted all the plants/bushes from that garden (as well as the cobblestones around the perimeter) and moved them to the left side of the yard, so now we have a great, big, fancy garden where there used to be a 'smallish' one.

In addition to the major garden shift, he leveled out the entire yard and covered the whole thing in grass seed!

Not only that (yes, there's more!) - he cleaned out our entire screened in porch and made it all nice and pretty!

I'll have to get some pictures so that I can do a little 'before' and 'after' post.

It's incredible. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that the grass grows. :-)

Tonight is the first show of a 6 show week. We have a show tonight, Thursday, Friday, TWO on Saturday and one on Sunday. I'm sure it will be exhausting, but fun. Thankfully, everyone is still getting along, and the show itself goes by so fast. It runs two hours, including intermission.

Love that.

Yes....it's April Fool's Day. Hopefully I'll make it through the day un-fooled.

Have a delightful day.

xoxo







No comments: