Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Has Anybody Seen Spring???


Seriously.
I'm NOT complaining, but I think Mother Nature needs to adjust her meds.
When we're going directly from Winter to Summer - there's something amiss.
Anywhoo...I'm so happy that it's finally warm out and I no longer have to worry about freezing my 'parts' off when waiting for the train in the morning -YAY!!!

Jim and I had a GREAT weekend, and as soon as I get motivated, I'll post some pictures from the trip. We ended up knowing a bunch of people at the party and had SO much fun with them. Although, I have to remember that even though I'm hanging out with my college friends, I'm no longer in college and my body doesn't quite 'bounce back' the way it used to.
"Take 3 - Anacin 3!!" :-)

Thank you to everyone for all your kind words about Bo. My poor father is still very sad, but I know that he'll be fine soon enough.
As if the loss of Marilyn Cooper and Bo weren't enough, we heard about Bea Arthur's passing while we were away as well. How SAD!!!!
A number of years ago, my friend Neil got us tickets for my birthday to see her one woman show on Broadway. He was living in NYC at the time, so I went down there for the weekend. I went down on Saturday and he had a surprise for me!!
In addition to seeing the show, as luck would have it, Bea was having a CD signing that afternoon at Barnes and Noble. So, we trucked on down and got in line. While in line, Neil presented me with an 8 x 10 photo of Bea, from an episode of Maude.
Thankfully, they weren't being strict at the signing, and we were allowed to have other 'stuff' signed (within reason). As we approached her, she signed our CDs and then I asked her if she'd sign the 8 x 10. She took one look at it and said (as only she could):

"Oh God, would you look at this. Wow....this had to have been 76. (classic, Bea Arthur pause) The year, not my age."

She then proudly showed it off to Billy (her musical director) and thanked us for coming....she was so friendly, and is yet another brilliant performer that will be sorely missed.

Well peeps....I have a boatload of work to do, and then I have some serious SHOPPING to do.
Someone (J-I-M) is celebrating his birthday this Sunday and I have to get busy!!!

Have a great day and I hope the sun is shining wherever you are!!!!

xoxo






1 comment:

Chris G of the Framingham G's said...

I didn't know you met Ms. Bea!