Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's a lovely day for surgery...

Here’s the latest: Dad is in surgery and I’m waiting to hear back from my sister (PJ) once he’s out and she has something to report.

He was originally scheduled to go in sometime this afternoon, but for some reason they were able to take him in earlier this morning. He was pissed because he was planning on talking to my sisters and me before ‘going under’ – but he ended up not having time.
I talked to PJ earlier and she said that she and Betty (my step-mother) were able to go in a see him at the last minute, which I’m sure my dad was very happy about.
Hopefully all will go well and I’ll have a happy update later on this afternoon.

Jim and I got fingerprinted last night as part of the adoption process!! Very interesting.
Apparently the initial background check they did on us isn’t enough, as it only covers the state of Massachusetts. Once our fingerprints are taken, they send them off to the Sate Police. The State Police then sends them off to the F.B.I. (and God only knows who else) who makes sure that neither of us have committed any crimes in any other state. It’s nice to know that they’re so thorough in checking out the backgrounds of these potential foster/adoption families.

Speaking of MAPP, I want to clarify a little something about yesterday’s post. The fact that Mr. Culture/Indian/Hispanic wasn’t the best public speaker on the planet was of no concern to me. I know that public speaking isn’t everyone’s forte and that’s totally fine. My biggest issue with him was the plain and simple fact that this man didn’t seem to know what in holy hell he was talking about and we all ended up totally confused as a result.

After the fingerprinting, Jim went grocery shopping and I headed into Boston to meet up with my friends and co-workers Chris and Nancy (Hi Chris!!!). Chris and his husband Ed are moving to Ft. Lauderdale in a few days. Of course I’m going to miss him, but I’m also insanely jealous of the fact that he’s heading to a warmer climate. Maybe I’ll feel differently in July and August, but for now I long for warm weather and he’s going to have it!!! Thankfully, he’s a faithful reader, so he’ll still be in touch and aware of all the amazing things happening in my life.
:-)

That’s all for now my peeps….have a great day and keep on truckin’

xoxo

UPDATE: As of right now (2:45pm) my dad is out of surgery and resting in the I.C.U. So far, so good!!

3 comments:

Vic Mansfield said...

Hope things with your dad go well. Sounds like he is in good shape for bypass. Prayers ascend.

Jim said...

Sending good thought to your dad! I hope you know how lucky to have a great relationship with accepting parents!

cb said...

I think I'd be pissed about the fingerprinting thing. I don't have anything to hide, but that doesn't mean I want all my shit tracked by the government!

I hate the way they keep tabs on decent folk.