Friday, January 8, 2010

Get out of my gym!!!!!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to write yesterday, but truth be told, I was working on our family profile for a good chunk of the day.
Ooops!!

So yesterday, as I fully expected, I went to the gym after work yesterday and it was PACKED. As I'm sure many of you are aware, this is the worst time of the year for going to the gym. All the people who have spent the past year fused to their couches come crawling out from behind their Doritos bags and join a gym. It doesn’t help that the gym I belong to is offering a HUGE deal if you join this week, so they were out in full force yesterday.
The good news is that 95% of these people will be gone by the time February rolls around. ;-)

Last night Jim and I went over to K & B's place to catch up with them and chat. It was GREAT. We haven't seen them in a while, and it's been God only knows how long since we've been able to just sit down and talk. Every time we see them it's at some sort of party, so we all end up in a million different directions and talking to lots and lots of people, so last night was a nice change.

Tonight, we're having our friends Joanne and Melissa over for dinner. Well, we're having them over and ordering out. :-) Originally, Joanne was going to have Melissa over for dinner and she invited Jim and me along. Well, we kind of 'hijacked' the evening, so that Joanne could FINALLY see our house, meet Scooter, and wouldn't have to cook.
I'm sure we'll have fun. Wii karaoke is on the menu...don't worry Joanne, we won't make you sing.

Finally, as I mentioned in an earlier post, Jim and I are doing 'The Biggest Loser' on Wii and loving it. He's also doing Wii Fit Plus, and he's been on a very strict diet for the past week. During the 2 weeks around Christmas and New Year's Eve he and I 'indulged' a bit. We weren't strict with our diets and we weren't working out, so we gained some weight. He gained a bit more than me, which is the reason for the strict diet for the week. Don't be concerned, it's not some crazy diet, he's just being very strict for a week.
ANYWAY...we had our first 'Challenge and Elimination' last night on the game, and I'm happy to say that we both have ‘made it’ another week. :-)

Jim lost a total of 11 pounds and I lost 3. BUT - that being said, I really haven't been doing anything drastic with my diet, so I'm happy that I at least lost something. My challenge last night was SO difficult, I was literally screaming through some of it. Nice.
If you have the game and want to be put through a little bit of hell, I suggest you chose Jillian as your trainer.
Just sayin'.

Have a GREAT weekend and stay warm!!!

xoxo

2 comments:

RG said...

Fortunately, I have a home gym and a treadmill, so I don't have to put up with the Resolution Makers. But as you said, 90% of them will be gone and the only thing that will be left will be a monthly charge to their credit cards! ha-ha!

And by "indulge" do you mean you became fast friends with Mr. & Mrs. Sugarcookie? Hmmmm....?

Larry Ohio said...

I totally understand about the gym being packed. Ours is too! There are 3 shower stalls and the guys have to line up to use one!

I want that Wii Fit Plus thingamajig. I'm just going to go get it. Phooey on Greg.