Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!



Tonight I'm going with my friend Joanne to see 'Jerry Springer The Opera' at SpeakEasy Stage Company.
I'm very excited to see it.

Some of you may recall that I had a call back for this production back in October and wasn't cast.
As I say all the time, everything happens for a reason.

Aside from the fact that I'm totally not what they were looking for, just think of all the things I wouldn't have been able to do if I were in the show! No nights at home with Jim and Scooter, no weekend fun, and above all - NO SOFTBALL!?!?!? Yikes. Add to that the fact that they've extended a week into the beginning of June, and I'm going away that weekend and wouldn't have been available for the extension.
See? It was not meant to be.

Some people get so upset about not being cast in a particular production and will flat out refuse to go and see it. I really can't imagine myself getting THAT upset about a show. Maybe it's because I don't perform as a career so I'm not dependant on it to survive? But if you are an actor as a profession, getting crazy and boycotting productions you haven't been cast in is no way to live. Talk about unnecessary stress!!!

Sure, there have definitely been shows that I would have really liked to be a part of and I've been sad about not being cast, but come on - no show (or role) is worth getting that angry over.
Chances are, whatever show you're talking about is going to eventually be produced by a million other theatres and there's a good chance you'll get to do the show someday.
If for some reason you audition for a particular role over and over again and never get cast?
Take the hint. That probably isn't the part for you. ;-)

That being said, I'm looking forward to the show tonight.

Here are a few press shots to you excited too:
Photo credits: Stratton McCrady


A woman (Joelle Lurie) lives her dream to be a pole dancer.




Jerry (Michael Fennimore) comes between a wannabe pole dancer (Joelle Lurie, left) and her mother (Amelia Broome, right).



The ghosts of his former guests haunt Jerry in purgatory. From left: Amelia Broome, Wesley Thomas, Joelle Lurie, Jared Troilo, and Luke Grooms





Timothy John Smith as Satan


In other news: California can suck it.

Happy Wednesday!!

xoxo

No comments: