Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday Catch-up...


I know, I know...I didn't write at all yesterday. I wasn't feeling 'inspired', which is another way of saying "I was too damn lazy to write."

That being said, I'm here now and I'll quickly catch you up on what's been happening.
Friday - rehearsal (fun and quite productive)
Saturday - Jim and I dropped off my car to have the automatic car starter installed and while that was being done, we went out to lunch, shopped and had a great afternoon. Saturday night we met up with some friends and went to see 'The Fantasticks' at The Company Theatre. It was a great production of a show I don't particularly love. I enjoy a lot of the music from the show and after seeing it, I've been inspired to go out and buy a CD of the show. Can you even believe it? I call myself a musical theatre fan and I don't have a recording of 'The Fantasticks'?!?!? To be honest, there are a lot of shows I don't have recordings of and I really should. I'm not going to get into any specifics, because certain readers of my blog would hunt me down and strip me of my Musical Theatre Card (it's like the Gay Card, but different). After the show, we went out for a few drinks and (as always) had an excellent time.
Sunday - I got up and went to a softball meeting, then rehearsal, then out to dinner with friends. Again - fun and laughter were aplenty. After eating WAY too much, Jim and I headed home and watched the last 45 minutes of the Oscars (Yay Sean Penn!!!) and went to bed.
Monday - Got up, worked, went to rehearsal....fun, fun, fun.
That brings me to today. :-)

Nothing too exciting going on here....work is still work and this week is THE week from what I've heard. I feel like 'The Boy Who Cried Layoffs" - but seriously....that's what it's been like around here. So many questions, rumors, etc...etc...it's really unsettling. I'm TRYING not to let it bug me, but it's a bit discouraging. All we can do is try to maintain a positive attitude and hope for the best. I'll certainly keep you all updated.
Here are some photos (thanks to B's blog) from dinner on Sunday night.

Oh, and before I forget...the installation of the car starter went smoothly, and so far it's working just fine....and it's one of the coolest things I've ever owned.
LOVE IT!!!
This is me, harassing Melissa with the hat the wandering 'balloon man' made for Jim



Ben doesn't quite know what to make of it....



Apparently he finds it amusing.



At least SOMEONE thinks I'm funny. ;-)



Hail, hail, the gang's all here!



No comments: