Tuesday, February 3, 2009

BACK to life....BACK to reality...

I had a LOVELY visit with my doctor this morning.
To be honest, it wasn't bad at all.


After explaining all my symptoms to him, (in great detail) he determined that it's most likely a lower back strain/sprain, and nothing to be overly concerned with.
He suggested that I try some stretches as well as giving me an anti-inflammatory medicine. If it's still bothering me in a week or so, he said to give him a call and we could talk about other options.
Had it been something disc/spine related, he said the pain would be greater, and I'd be experiencing some muscle weakness in my legs. Thankfully, I have none of those more severe symptoms; it's pretty much just sore...and extremely annoying.
It's been really odd though. When I'm at rehearsal, dancing and moving around, it doesn't bother me at all. For example, last night at rehearsal, I was literally kicking, jumping and dancing around like a loon (we were doing a little 'improv' in which we were acting like cheerleaders - fun, fun, fun!!!) and I was completely fine. I'm hoping that if I stretch daily and take my medicine, I'll be back normal (well, relatively normal) before too long.


Here's a random blog question for y'all.....if and when you post a comment on a blog - take mine for example - do you check back for a reply under your comment? Do you expect a comment to be made on your own blog (assuming you have one)??
The reason I ask is because there have been times when I want to reply to a comment that's been left on my blog, but I don't know that people always go back and look there for a reply from me. Would an email be better? What if that's not an option?
I'm just curious how you all feel about it, and I'm not sure what the blog 'etiquette' dictates. :-)
Feel free to leave comments with your answers and/or suggestions...and I'll reply...or I'll send an email...or I'll write an entire post about it....see what I mean?
It's tres confusing for little ol' me.

Well, it's almost time for me to leave for the day - and it's been snowing non-stop since about 10am, so I'm sure there's plenty of snow waiting for me at home.

All you people out there wishing that it would snow (Kelly S.) can take comfort that there is PLENTY of it up here for you to enjoy, and you're MORE than welcome to have it.


Hopefully in a week or so I can report back here to let you know that I'm not longer feeling like this:



But more like this:




Happy Tuesday!!!!

4 comments:

cb said...

If my comment is such that I think the blogger might respond, I'll go back and check if I'm that curious. Or I expect An emailed response.

Anonymous said...

I dont expect a response back most of the time, but I would like an email if one warrants a response. :-)

-moja

Jim said...

I usually go back and check.

RG said...

I usually go back and check because I'm an attention whore.

And the reason your back doesn't hurt during rehearsal is that your gay show tune endorphins have kicked in dulling the pain.