Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tonight, tonight.....

Thank you Bernstein and Sondheim.

I'm very excited for tonight!!! I'm meeting up with some of my softball pals for dinner and drinks! YAY! We're kind of getting together for my birthday...but not really. I mean, we usually go out for my birthday, and we couldn't find a time to do it last week, so we're doing it this week. It's not a birthday party or anything...but it's an excellent excuse to get together for dinner and drinks on a 'school night'.

We're having dinner at Flash's in the South End (or maybe it's Bay Village - I never know where one neighborhood ends and the other begins) and then gathering at Fritz for a drink or two. Yes, Fritz again. What can I say? It's one of my favorite places.
As much as I like Club Cafe (they're super great to the softball league, and they have a great brunch), it's not exactly the kind of place I like to hang out. One of my out of town friend's always refers to it as 'Sephora' and it's often referred to as 'Club So Gay'.
It tends to be gathering place for the younger (and often times snotty) crowd. I prefer to hang out in places where you can sit at the bar, have a few beers and 'watch the game' as opposed to being crammed into a small space with the Abercrombie crowd, hoping that you don't end up wearing Miss Prissy Pants' Choco-Apple-Caramel-Bubblegum-tini.
You know what I mean? I bet you do.

anyway - that being said, this day is CRAWLING by....so I'm going to try and keep myself busy for the last hour and a half that I'm here.

I'll see YOU tomorrow....F-R-I-D-A-Y!!!!!!

No comments: