Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Take a walk.

On the train this morning, I overheard (overheard = completely eavesdropping and listening to every word she said) a woman telling a group of her friends that she finally 'got rid of her dog yesterday'. As it turns out, she's had the dog for about 4-5 years and was tired of taking care of it, so she gave it away. She was completely thrilled that she no longer had to 'deal with it' and wasn't the least bit sad. Bitch. Clearly she has no heart. I can't even imagine ever getting tired of this.

Speaking of the train....for some mysterious reason, I never received my commuter rail pass for the month of October.

And now it's October, which means I had to pay to ride the train this morning. Annoying.

Well, that's not entirely true. The annoying-ness of it all is very true, but the paying part isn't. The truth is, that I had 2 one-way ticket vouchers sitting in my bag because of the 'On Time Service Guarantee' the MBTA offers. If your train gets you to your destination more than a half hour late, you can submit a form and be reimbursed for that trip.

Well, it happened to me not too long ago, I got reimbursed, and the vouchers were still in my bag. It worked out quite well.

Anyway...my voucher was only good for the commuter rail and since I also take the subway in the morning, I was going to have to pay to ride the subway (my regular commuter rail pass allows me unlimited access to all buses and subways, so I normally don't have to pay). Well, THAT wasn't about to happen. I'm not going to spend potential coffee money on a train ride, when I can walk to work instead.

As it turns out, it was a fantastic idea.

I had GREAT walk from the train station to work. It's not a great day (weather-wise) but it's fairly cool out and there was no blazing sun to contend with.

My route took me right through the heart of Chinatown, and while there were a few people milling about, it was fairly deserted. That's a part of Boston I NEVER go to. Not for any specific reason, it's just not somewhere I ever have to go...especially right through the middle of it. It's like being in a totally different city.


Speaking of roads not often travelled by moi...on my walk, I happened to pass by both 'Centerfolds' and 'The Glass Slipper'. Boston's two (and only??) 'Gentleman's Clubs'.

Now, I've known for a long time that both of these places existed, but I'm kind of fascinated by the whole thing. Do they do a lot of business? What exactly goes on in there? Are the dancers topless only? I'm kind of obsessed with finding out the details. And who the hell works there? Are there a lot of local ladies willing to earn a living doing whatever it is they do in there?
I noticed they're open from Noon until 2am. Are people in there at noon? Do they serve lunch?
That would be crazy....and I'm pretty sure I'd never eat there. :-)

My only exposure to clubs of this nature (where you see naked-ish women) was a trip to The Foxy Lady in Brockton, MA for a bachelor party. I have to say that it was a lot nicer (dare I say 'classy'?) than I expected...but I'm not sure what lies beyond the doors of these Boston clubs.

If anyone has any first hand experience with either of these two - FILL ME IN!!!

(and no Jim, TENS doesn't count, I'm talking specifically about these two places)

Maybe I'll take a little 'field trip' and report back. Excellent.

No comments: