Friday, October 24, 2008

Hurry....before I have to get back to work.....

I wrote this blog entry on Thursday afternoon, beginning at 1:30 and finishing at 3:30. When I went to post it, the blog world was totally out of commission - so I'm posting it 'late night' from home. history is being made folks...and you're part of it.

I'm going to try and write this as quickly as I can, because at any given moment I may have to get back to work.
Once again, the stuff I'm testing ain't workin' so I'm waiting for the developers to fix it before I can move on.

Aside from work, things are CRAZY.

1. The show - it's getting better and better every night. Things are flowing as they should and as we add more 'layers' (lighting, sound effects, costumes, etc...) it's feeling more and more like it's going to be performance ready. I'm fairly confidant that we'll be in good shape for Saturday night. That's not to say we don't have a lot of work to do before then, we definitely do, but it's totally achievable.

2. The dog - Scooter has been great all week in dealing with the schedule changes. He's been forced to get up earlier than usual, which has caused him to give me some VERY entertaining looks when I turn on the light at 5:30 in the morning.
In addition to getting up earlier, he's gone to daycare on Monday and Wednesday this week (as opposed to the usual Tuesday/Thursday schedule) so he's been spending his days with a different group of dogs than he's accustomed to. According to the staff, he's been fine and getting alone with everyone. :-)

3. The husband - Jim has been very busy all week in Germany , but has been giving me nightly updates and has kept me posted on what he's been up to. He's spent a lot of time in the gay section of Frankfurt and the other night he ended up in a bar sitting next to a gay couple from Minnesota trying to explain Sarah Palin to the 'regulars'. Needless to say, it wasn't easy!!
He's had a lot of fun, and apparently schnitzel is now one of his favorite things. (The Sound of Music anyone? No? OK.) Maybe I'll post some pictures of his trip...

4. The call back - I haven't mentioned it at all on here, but I have a call back for 'Jerry Springer: The Opera' this Monday night. I haven't mentioned it because it kind of sets me up for possible embarrassment if I don't end up being cast. However, I decided to mention it because it's something that's on my mind. Isn't that what blogging is all about? Shouldn't my blog be a place where I can say whatever I want??? (within reason, of course) ;-)
Anywhoo...I've been called back for an ensemble part, which is exactly what I'm 'right' for. In all honesty, I'm THRILLED to be called back at all. Besides, I think that being in the ensemble of this show would be F-U-N!!!
The scary, poop-my-pants part about the whole thing is that the call back is Monday and I have 2 short pieces of music that I need to familiarize myself with before then. I don't have to know it cold, but I certainly have to be very familiar with it, since they're not going to spend a ton of time teaching it to us. When am I going to learn this music, you ask? I have no idea. Awesome.
I'm guessing that I'll have to find some time either early Saturday morning or sometime Sunday night after the show to squeeze it in. The good thing is that I'm a pretty quick learner, and the music doesn't seem too difficult. That's what I'm hoping anyway.
In addition to the singing, there's going to be a dance call and we were told to bring our tap shoes. So, not only will I be cramming in some music-learnin' time, but I'll have to "get out my tap shoes Frances " (' 42nd Street ' anyone? No? OK. ) and make sure I can still make some sounds. :-)
Keep your eyes peeled for a 'call back story' on Tuesday morning!!!

OK - I'm done now....and by the way, since I started writing this entry about an hour and a half ago, I've been interrupted COUNTLESS times, went for a walk with my dear, dear friend and co-worker Sophie, and re-tested the issue that I mentioned at the beginning of this entry.

Time flies with you're blogging.

Tomorrow is Friday and I'm already wicked psyched! (thank you, Boston lingo)

No comments: