Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hump.....or Death?


Happy Hump Day!

I've got a jam-packed day ahead.

First I've got to get through work.
After work I'm meeting with the local arborist (yes, I use fancy-pants words such as arborist) to get some estimates on tree removal for a 'troublesome' tree or two in our side yard. We've got one tree that is d-e-a-d and we're afraid that it's going to fall and do some damage to either our yard or our neighbors yard. That's one that we definitely want to get rid of. I'm also going to get an estimate on how much it would cost to get rid of the gigantic pine tree that's right next to the fence surrounding our pool area. It's really annoying and the bottom quarter of it is pretty much dead as well....ugly, unappealing, and irritating.

Truth be told, we'd like to get rid of all but one of the trees in that side yard, since all they do is cause us grief and they're really not to pretty to look at. I have no idea what kind of trees they are, but they're not attractive. It's not as if they're big, beautiful maple trees or a magnificent oaks....they look like giant weeds that were left unattended for years and years.

I'll be curious to see what kinds they actually are. Hopefully the arborist will offer some advice.

After my meeting with the arborist, I have a dentist appointment. YAY!
And by "YAY!" I mean I'm filled with terror.

Actually it's not going to be that bad. My dental hygienist it super nice, but she is thorough and really good at your job. In other words, I leave there in pain. Not excruciating pain, but my teeth and gums are a bit tender when I leave the office. However, she gets the job done and she is always very happy with my progress. I have always had teeth 'issues', but ('knock on wood') it's been a long time since I've had any cavities or work done - which is great.

That's my exciting day!
Work - Arborist - Dentist.

Good times.

Anyone know what today's blog title is from?
I'll give you a huge hint:



3 comments:

RG said...

Mel Brooks - History of the World, Part 1. It's good to be King!

Larry Ohio said...

Poor Mel Brooks. He tries so hard to be funny, and he's come close a few times. Gotta give him an A for effort.

Jim said...

So, let me get this straight... you only like "pretty" trees?