Thursday, October 29, 2009

All I want for Christmas is a G.P.S.....



Sweet Jesus, was I annoyed last night!

My friend Jeff was being installed last night as the new rector for a church in Brookline, MA. Hooray Jeff!!!
Well, there was a service starting at 7pm, immediately followed by a reception to celebrate the occasion and I was invited to attend.

I left work, picked up Scooter at doggie daycare :-) and then headed home. I got everything ready for this morning, so I wouldn't have to do it when I got home (prepped the coffee, made lunches, took out the trash - today is trash day). I fed the dog, ate dinner, took the dog out, and then made my way into Boston. This was just around 5:30.

I knew traffic was going to be annoying because it was raining (see yesterday's post...grrrrrr) not to mention the fact that last night also happened to be the Celtic's home opener (they won, by the way).
After sitting in traffic, I arrived at my exit with about 10 minutes to get to my destination. I knew I'd be a tad late, but I figured that I would 'sneak' into the back of the church un-noticed.

Boy was I wrong.

Cut to 40 minutes later when I'm still searching for the @%$!*#& church!!

Oh, there's nothing quite like being lost in Boston on a rainy night. Hardly anyone around to ask for directions and those you do ask will undoubtedly have NO idea how to get to your destination. Awesome.

As it turns out (I checked online this morning) I was nowhere NEAR where I needed to be. The problem was that my directions said to stay on Harvard Ave. and the street I was looking for would be a left off of that street. Well, at one point, Harvard Ave. becomes Harvard St., so I naturally assumed that I'd gone too far.
And I was wrong.
Had the directions been CORRECT, I would have continued on Harvard St. and found the church. Instead, I drove around the entire Harvard Ave. area thinking that I must have missed the damn street.

Whatever....it's too late baby, now it's too late.

Jim was attending a work event in Cambridge, so rather that meet up with him after the service and drive him home (which was the original plan) I met him earlier and stayed for the rest of his event.

The moral of the story?

I need a G.P.S. for Christmas.

So, if anyone has any suggestions about which ones are good....ones to avoid....etc....I'd be happy to hear.

In other news, today is my sister-in-law Barbara's birthday!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!




We're going over to her house for dinner tonight, which I'm sure will be very fun....and game-filled. :-)

Have a great day, and it's only one more day until Friday!!!!

xoxo






2 comments:

Sally said...

I have a Garmin nuvi

Julie said...

I love my TomTom One XLS.