Thursday, January 15, 2009

100th Post

Wow....this my 100th post.
How very exciting. As someone who owns several 'Journals' each containing MAYBE 2 entries, this is a major achievement. Apparently sharing my deepest, darkest thoughts with the rest of the word is incentive enough to keep me writing.
That certainly say a lot about me, doesn't it!??!? :-)

It is REALLY cold out….and it’s apparently going to get colder. Yikes.
Not only that, but we’re supposed to be getting some snow today. Not a lot, (1-2 inches) but enough to be irritating…especially because of those people who haven’t the first clue as to how to drive in the snow. Seriously, apparently the sight of a single snowflake sends them into a panic and they lose their ability to drive. It’s insane.
I’m not at all worried about the snow….I’m guessing that by the time I get out of here tonight it will all be a memory.

Speaking of tonight, I’m very excited because it my one free night this week. I had a softball meeting on Tuesday, and rehearsals on Monday, Wednesday and tomorrow night. I’m not at all complaining about having rehearsal, because the show is this Saturday and as you can imagine; we need all the rehearsal we can get. Not that it’s in terrible shape (although, based on last night - a number or two could be considered terrible) but there’s always room for improvement! The important thing is that I’m having fun and I’ve met some really great, EXTREMELY talented people. There are a couple of women in the show who can sing their faces off…they have the kind of voices that I can listen to all day long.
It’s delightful.

Anyway, it’s Thursday and that means it’s……..LAYOFF DAY!!!!! Yahoo!!!
Gross.
I’m going to keep everything crossed that me and all my ‘friends’ are still here at the end of the day.
However, as I’ve said before – everything happens for a reason. There’s no sense in getting all worked up about things that are completely out of your control.
My plan is to just keep on working until someone tells me otherwise!

Oh – I’m currently reading ‘A Prayer For Owen Meany’ by John Irving and it’s so good. I think they based the movie ‘Simon Birch’ on this book, but I’m not sure. I haven’t seen the movie and I’m purposely avoiding any information about it, so I don’t find anything out that I don’t want to know.
So if you have any comments about the book or the movie, please keep them ‘spoiler free’….I’d greatly appreciate it.

And because I’m totally bored, here are a few random pictures for your Thursday enjoyment……
xoxo

This is me with my friend Melissa (we've been friends for a LONG time). This was taken in the summer of 2002, right before a performance of 'Bye Bye Birdie'. I was playing Albert and she was playing Mrs. MacAfee. We had a GREAT time doing the show, and I really like this picture of us.

These are our parakeets Junior (blue) and Buddy (green) - I think I may have posted this one before, but I came across it this morning and wanted to post it again. They both died 2 years ago, Junior in July and Buddy almost exactly one month later. Even though they were 'only' birds....I was a complete wreck when they died.




This is one of my favorites, and I'll probably get yelled at for posting it, but it'll be worth it. Yes, that's Jim in the middle. Not only do his sister and mother look fantastic, but please note his parted-in-the-middle FEATHERED hair and those AMAZING two-toned jeans. And can we talk about the full-on Vegas showgirl bevel?!?!? Amazing.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peaches:

100 Journal enteries: Melinda would be so pleased! Now, tell me what your character had for breakfast. Also, Prayer For Owen Meany is one of my all time favorite books. LOVED IT. When you are done,and I know you have a long list, try to sneak in The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, it's wonderful!

Ultra Dave said...

It's hard to lose anything you love. Very handsome in that show pic! Congrats on reaching 100! (hehe)