Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday - Part 1

Hey everyone!!

Just getting around to the blog after an AMAZING long weekend. :-)

Since I had Friday off, I slept in and then went to pick Jim up at work (he was done at noon). We headed to the South End for lunch and had a DELICIOUS lunch at Steph's On Tremont. It was our first time eating there and we were very happy with the food and the service. I'm not gonna lie - it ain't cheap. However, it was a beautiful day, we rarely go out for lunch, and we never go out to lunch on a week day…this was a rare occurrence people!
Anyway, after our yummy lunch, we headed home to do nothing and relax for a bit.
Jim napped and then took off to meet up with some friends….I headed off to RENT.
We had a great show that night, which is always a good thing.

Saturday morning I got up and headed into Boston for our first softball practice of the year. YAHOO!!! It was a beautiful day and a great way to kick of the softball season. I was a lil' rusty, but I'm certain that I'll be back to normal in no time at all. After practice, I met up with Jim at home, we had lunch and then went food shopping. After shopping, I watched a little TV (winding down time) and then once again, flew out the door to RENT. The show was VERY good on Saturday night and after the show we had a super-fun time at Steve's house (he's in the RENT band). Don’t worry, I was a very good boy and didn't stay too long.

On Easter morning, I got up to find that the Easter Bunny had paid us a visit some time in the night!!
Sweet.
In addition to all sorts of yummy treats (piss off Bob and Jillian, it’s a holiday) - I got a new car charger for my iPhone (the one I got for my birthday broke already...cheap piece o' crap), '2012' on blu-ray, and the GLEE Season 1 CD. Jim got some nice stuff, as did our spoiled pooch.....lots of treats for Scooter!!
We went to church (VERY nice service) and then headed to my sister's house for lunch. She had so much delicious food, and it was such a beautiful day, I didn't want to leave. BUT after we ate a lot of food :-) we went to Jim's sister's house for a while. We played an Easter trivia game that Jim's mother made up (it took her forever to make - it was a lot of fun) and visited with Jim's side of the family for a bit. After a while, we decided to go home and take care of our ignored doggie at home. We let him out, fed him, and then spent the rest of the night on the couch watching TV. It was a GREAT day.

Tonight we're meeting up with K & B for a long overdue dinner date. We have to get the scoop on what they're going to say about us to the adoption folks. ;-)
(K & B are listed as one of Jim's references) We heard from all the people we put down as references that they received the 'official' forms last week!!!
Another step closer.

I'll post some pictures from the weekend tonight when I get home.
Also - I've heard rumor that there's a video from our production of RENT on YouTube. If I find it 'worthy', I'll post it on here as well.

Have a great afternoon/evening!!!

No comments: