Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Get In Shape, Girl!!!

Well, I did it! I survived my first day at the gym.

I listened to all your suggestions (even though I didn’t know about them until after the fact) and took it easy my first day back. All I did was hop on the treadmill and go for a nice little ‘run’ for a half hour or so. I wanted to be sure that I didn’t end up in agony this morning, thus making it more difficult to get back in there tomorrow.

From my vantage point atop my treadmill, I was able to get a decent view of the entire place and figure out where everything was, without wandering around blatantly looking like the ‘new guy’. The thing I like about this gym is that everyone really seems to pretty much keep to themselves. There aren’t a lot of giant, muscle-bound men staring at themselves in the mirrors making me feel like the weakling of my high school gym class, and there’s not a large population of senior citizens wandering around looking lost. I’ve experienced both groups at gyms in the past and believe me, neither one is fun.

It appears to attract a very mixed crowd with everyone being there to work out and get in shape. That’s my first impression anyway….I’ll keep you posted if anything changes.






I kind of can’t believe that it’s November already. This year has F-L-O-W-N by. Craziness. Whenever it’s gets to this time of the year, I always think back to when I was right out of college and working at my first job. I was working as an intern in the Company Management Department at the (now closed) North Shore Music Theatre. Whenever November rolled around, we were kicking of our second to last show of the season and getting ready for rehearsals to begin for their yearly production of ‘A Christmas Carol’. It was such a great time to be working at the theatre. The summer season was over, things were a lot less busy, and there was an excitement in the air because everyone there LOVED working on ‘A Christmas Carol’. Not only was it a great production, but it meant that we’d soon be surrounded by tons of super-excited audiences members who came back year after year to celebrate the Christmas season at the theatre.
I could go on and on about how much I loved that job, but I’ll save that for another day.
I was just doing a little reminiscing as I was driving into work today about how much I missed that job, and what a GREAT feeling it was driving to work at a job you loved going to.
Ah…..some day.

P.S. - Special thanks to Melissa and Joanne for today's blog photo suggestions. What would I do without you two?














5 comments:

MOJA said...

LOVE the photos.

Amy said...

It all depends on the time at our gym. Late on weekdays brings in the huge muscle bound dudes. Although....they never seem to be working out. They just sort of....waddle around.

Jim said...

Keep to it my friend! I'll give you any encouragement you need!

RG said...

My old gym, was a gym-gym. No sauna, no steam room, no pool. Just weights, machines and aerobic machines - that's it.
There were many muscle-heads working out - lots of eye candy and sweat and grunting and weights clanking...do you know how difficult to hide a boner while you're doing a bench press? LOL

Ur-spo said...

My gym doesn't have such fab pink dumbbells, alas.