Monday, November 2, 2009

Fall Back

Well, it's officially November and it's the first day of the rest of my life!!!

Dramatic enough for you??

That's my way of saying that I'm going back to the gym for the first time today.
I seriously haven't been to a gym in well over a year, so anything is possible.





Check back tomorrow for the full report. Assuming I can still move.

Jim and I had a fun-filled, frightful weekend.
Friday night we had a sudden change in plans and ended up going to the Grille for dinner. Jim's mom, dad, sister and her family were there, so we visited with them for a bit...but didn't join them at their table. We prefer our seats at the bar.
After dinner, Jim and I headed into Boston to meet up with our softball friends at Fritz.
It was FUN!!! I hadn't seen them in a while, and as always - a good time was had by all.

On Saturday, Jim and I went to go see my oldest niece Victoria cheer at a football game. She goes to an all girls school but they cheer for a local all boys school's football team. It was a BEAUTIFUL day (in the 70s) and they did a great job. She's so grown up, it kind of freaks me out and makes me feel O-L-D.
They were ahead 42-14 at the top of the 4th quarter, so Jim and I took off early. We headed home and got ready for the trick-or-treaters.

Since we live on a very main street, we never know if we're going to get a lot of kids or not - but we were ready! As it turns out, we had a decent amount....and actually, we had quite a few late trick-or treaters. I think that a lot of the neighborhood kids walk to more 'residential' areas for the majority of their trick-or-treating so when they were all walking back home, they noticed that we were still 'open for business' so they stopped in. It was totally fine by me, because that meant there was less candy sitting at home!!!

Our friends Mattie and Kelly stopped by to say hello on their way to dinner, and then our friend Katie stopped by. The three of us watched The Exorcist and ate some yummy Chinese Food.

Note to self: Eating dinner while watching The Exorcist is a terrible idea.

On Sunday, Jim and I got up, went grocery shopping and headed down the Cape to meet up with Jim's dad. He need our help closing up the cottage for the winter. All we had to do was help him move stuff from outside and store it in the house, plus help get some stuff from inside out to his truck...totally easy, but it's definitely something that you can't manage with only one person.
After the place was all closed up, he took us out to lunch and then we headed home.

Because of the time change, it felt like the LONGEST day ever, but it was nice.
We pretty much just relaxed around the house, I did a few loads of laundry and got everything ready for today.

While I was doing laundry - Jim spent lots of time on the computer designing a new and improved blog. He's not a fan of blogging the way I blog - it's just not his thing. He doesn't find it fun to write about his daily 'goings on' because he doesn't think that people want to read that type of stuff about him.
Unlike myself, who writes about every detail (well....not EVERY detail) of my daily life, knowing that several people can't make it through the day without knowing everything I'm doing.
:-) :-)

Keep your eyes peeled for it. It's going to be good. :-)

Have a great day and happy Monday!!!!

(Full moon tonight!!!!)



4 comments:

Jim S. said...

Who is that man?

AJohnP said...

Our new poolboy.

RG said...

So you, (giggle-giggle) have gone (snort-giggle) back to the (hee-hee-hee) the gym?!!! (Bwaaaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha)Oh man, my abs are so tight right now.

Just bustin' man - good luck. And don't be in such a hurry to get all buff 'n shit...you'll get too sore and then quit.

Ur-spo said...

good luck with the gym! try not to do too much too soon!