Friday, June 19, 2009

You Better Work!

I had the privilege last night of attending a reading of a new musical that's been in the 'works' (pun intended - you'll get it in a minute) for about a year or so.
The name of the musical (for now) is 'It's Working' and it was written by Tommy O'Malley with music and lyrics by Sonia Carrion.

Now, I'm NOT going to write a review of a reading...can you say TACKY??? But I will say that there is a whole lot of really great stuff happening with this show. I laughed, I had fun, I 'went along for the ride' and above all I heard some really GREAT music.
Remember that title...."It's Working".

I met Tommy for the first time last night, but I've been reading his blog for a while now. His blog was the very first blog that I started reading regularly, and was one of the biggest reasons I started this blog.
So, all you faithful readers out there have Tommy to thank!
It was great to finally meet him and see that he was EXACTLY what I expected.
That's always nice. :-)

This is Tommy and Sonia....aren't they just adorable?!?!?






Today was my final train ride into work, and I am happy to report that it was a very smooth and uneventful trip. I even had a few 'goodbyes' from some of the people I see every day, who knew that it was my final trip into the city. Well, for work, that is.

Of course, now that I talked about how smooth my trip into the city was, I'll probably end up taking the train home with 90 elementary school kids or something horrible like that.

I don't have much planned for today, other than the final packing and making my rounds to say goodbye to everyone before I go. This weekend is very much up in the air right now...I'm supposed to have a couple of softball games, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the horrible weather we're having will change that!

We shall see!

Have a great weekend, and HOPEFULLY I'll be able to write on Monday and let you know how the move went, and what's up with my new digs. :-)

xoxo




5 comments:

RG said...

It's going to rain all weekend, so get out your swifter duster and take care of the house - it's about all you're going to be able to do, besides look longingly at your pool you won't be able to enjoy either. LOL

Tommy Jordan said...

john, the privilege was all ours. thank you so much for coming to the reading. and thank you for not posting your review on your blog.

but i'd really love to hear your thoughts. email me, or maybe we can arrange a dinner and drinks situation with your husband and one of my boyfriends sometime soon.

i wish we had more time to chat last night. but that's why we have the future.

thanks again, sister musical queen.

tommy

Sonia said...

Hello !

Tommy forwarded me your blog.
Thank you so much for the kind words...and I hope that I get to meet you one day soon! Stay in touch.

---sonia

RG said...

Don't you know there wasn't one friggin' raindrop on Saturday. Not ONE! I could've been out on the softball fields dag-nabbit! LOL

Vic Mansfield said...

Good luck with transitions. Watch out for RG.