Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Made it Through the Rain...


Let’s hear it for the first blog entry from my new desk!!!

HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!!!!

As previously mentioned, I’m now at a new desk, in a new location out in the suburbs.
My commute has gone from an hour and twenty-five minutes on three different trains, to a half hour in my car.
I certainly can’t complain about that.

I’m in a fairly private cube (as private as cubes can get, I suppose) in a not-too-busy location on the floor, central to the bathrooms and kitchenette. I certainly have more space than I did in at my last desk, and while I’m not hidden away in some secluded little corner, I’m also not on a main thoroughfare - which is very nice.

My friends reading this blog will be shocked to hear that I have ‘non work connections’ to the people sitting near me (yes, I’m being sarcastic).

The woman sitting across the aisle from me grew up in the same city as me and graduated high school with one of my sisters. The woman sitting behind me is also from the same city and now lives in the town next to me. Her brother graduated high school with my best friend and their cousin is someone I’ve known for the majority of my life.
Yes, it’s a small world after all.


Thanks to you all for all the encouraging words about my move….you’re all totally awesome.

Enough about work!!!

Last weekend was very fun. In spite of the rain, I played softball on both Saturday and Sunday. Sunday’s game was one of the most fun games I’ve had in a long time. We didn’t win, but it was so much fun. Games like that remind me why I started playing softball in the first place.

On Saturday night I attended the Beantown Softball League Hall of Fame induction.
There were three guys being inducted and it was a really nice event.

Here are a few pictures from the night….that’s not really Joan Rivers.

Have a great Tuesday, and thanks again for all your encouraging words!!!!




1 comment:

RG said...

Now see, that wasn't so bad now was it? And, you've seemed to have made some friends already! No lonely cafeteria table for one for you! No sir!

Speaking of commuting, I've been riding my scooter back and forth the work lately - hopefully I have a dry day soon, so I can actually enjoy the ride!