Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Good Singing, Good Times


For some reason, I haven’t been in the mood to write for the past day or two.
I don’t know why(laziness?) but I haven’t.

However, I know that there are people out there that are hanging on my every word, and who am I to deny them the opportunity to hear from me? :-)

Here’s the scoop.

It’s June, and June = Gay Pride. As a matter-of-fact, next week is pride week here in Boston.
Hooray!
There was a time when I wouldn’t have missed a single pride event, but those days are long gone.

I’ll be at the All-Star game on Monday night (as a player, thank you very much) which is being treated as a Pride event; I’ll definitely be at the Pride Parade on Saturday (Yes, I LOVE a parade) and I’ll most likely stick around for the 'post-parade' festivities this year.
Side note: Our softball team may be working at the Fritz Block Party this year – but that’s still up in the air – stay tuned for details

In addition to all the 'fun stuff' going on, I love the sense of community that Pride celebrates.
It’s always nice to see people that I haven’t seen in a long time, which is a ‘given’ at Pride. You’re almost guaranteed to run into some folks that you haven’t seen in a long time and that's mostly a good thing. ;-)

Other than Pride, June is also when Jim and I go away for the weekend with the guys I sang with from UNH. It just so happens that it’s THIS weekend!!!!

When I was at school, I was part of an a cappella group called The New Hampshire Gentlemen (The GENTS). The GENTS have a VERY strong alumni group and as a result, we still get together once a year for a weekend away – affectionately known as ‘GENTS Weekend’.
It’s something that Jim and I look forward to every year. This year is extra special because we’re celebrating the 30th anniversary of the group.
I’m hoping that there will be a large turnout, but even if the numbers are small, we’re guaranteed to have a great time. Seriously, it's a LOT of fun....and beer.





The GENTS are a little bit more like a fraternity than a singing group. If you’re at all familiar with the college a cappella ‘world’ – you’ll know what I’m talking about.
If not, you’ll have to check back for some pictures of the weekend.

I’m going to be working out of the ‘other’ office tomorrow, and I’m not working on Friday – so this will most likely be my last post of the week….stay tuned for my Monday post, full of exciting news, I’m sure.

Two more things…..read this for some more exciting stuff that's going on in my life – and don’t forget to watch the Tony Awards on Sunday night.

Go Hunter Bell and [title of show]!!

xoxo






No comments: