Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Blogging from home....say what!?!?!?

Hello from my home office!

Crazy, huh? Usually I'm as my desk at work when I'm blogging, but because I'm on vacation - I decided to take a little time out of my crazy ass, busy day to Blog for y'all!!
Instead of sitting in my cube in a pair of dress slacks (love that word) and a collared shirt, I'm at my desk in the home office, wearing nothing at all!

I'm kidding...I'm not naked!! But I am wearing a t-shirt, running pants, and sneakers!
Yay for comfy clothes!

We had a super fun, but busy weekend followed by a non-stop, yard-work filled Monday.

On Saturday, Jim and I met up with some college friends for our yearly trip to the Yankee Candle flagship store in South Deerfield, MA. It has been a yearly tradition for a number of years now and we LOVE it. For those of you who don't know, it's a H-U-G-E building full of all things Yankee Candle. They also have places to get snacks, food, AMAZING fudge, Department 56 village stuff, make your own candles, get your picture taken with Santa, etc..etc....it's a blast. We go every year, spend a ton of money, laugh and have a great time. That took up all of Saturday (day and night) so we pretty much got home and went to bed.

Sunday morning we got up, went grocery shopping and while Jim made meatballs, sausages and sauce, I lounged on the couch watching TV. Since we aren't going to seen any of Jim's family for Thanksgiving, we invited them all over for dinner that night. We ate a lot of food, picked names for both a 'stocking person' and a 'big gift person' and then they were on their way.
Since there are so many people involved (9 adults, 4 kids), we now pick names so you end up filling a stocking for one person and buying a 'big' gift for one person - as opposed to buying 13 big gifts. We still buy smaller, less expensive gifts for everyone else and buy the kids 'regular' gifts, but not having to buy 13 'big' gifts is a very nice thing.
Yesterday, Jim took Scooter to daycare and I did a ton of yard work. Jim is usually the one who does all the yard work, but since he was at work and it needed to be done, I did it. I'm glad that I did too. Jim was very happy that it was done.
I took all the pool furniture and everything from the back (screened in) porch and put it in the cellar, then I raked out the entire pool area and let me tell you, there were a LOT of leaves out there. It was really annoying. Once that was all raked, I swept the whole area, rearranged and vacuumed the porch and then did one last raking of the backyard. I really wanted to get it done not only before we leave for Florida, but because I knew it was going to POUR today and I wouldn't be able to do it when it was raining. As it turns out, it was a good thing because sure enough, it is torrential out there.
Yay me!

OK -I have GOT to get a move on....I'm going to clean the house today, meet Jim and Scooter for lunch - yes, it's 'bring your dog to work day' today at Jim's job, God help us....then I have to continue cleaning.

I'll try and write while I'm away, but if I'm not writing for a while, please don't forget about me...I'll miss you all terribly while I'm basking on a Florida beach. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT! Not even a mention!!!! LOL

moja

Unknown said...

Hope you have a great Turkey Day!!