Friday, July 16, 2010

The Reunion approaches...

Yes, that's right people....I made the decision that I WILL be attending my high school's 20th class reunion and it's tomorrow night!!!
To be honest, I'm very excited about it.  Thankfully, high school was quite fun for me.  In spite of the fact that I was in the marching band, chorus, drama club, and all the other 'geeky' things you could be a part of during your high school years (including The National Honor Society) but I still managed to have a great 4 years.
I know...I was VERY lucky.  I definitely received my share of 'comments' from certain classmates, but they were kids from the 'Vo-Tech' (you know, the kids who went to high school and learned how to be plumbers and car mechanics) and I'm pretty sure they won't be attending the reunion.  I hardly ever saw them when we were in high school and haven't seen them since.  If they do happen to be there, I can guarantee I'll have no contact with them, as I'll be too busy chatting with all the people who haven't served time in prison.  :-)
Jim is coming with me, which will be very fun.  He knows a decent amount of people I've remained friends with, and I look forward to him meeting some of the people I haven't seen in years. 
Stay tuned for stories and/or photos of the big event.

Other than the reunion, this weekend isn't too busy. 
Tonight, we're going to see my niece in a 'show'.  She's been going to a theatre camp of sorts for the past two weeks and tonight they get to show us all that they've learned.  :-)  Based on the information I've received about the camp (my sister forwarded me all the info) it seems pretty cool.  It's being run by a guy who I know through the local 'theatre scene' and he has gathered together quite an impressive group of teachers.  They all have several 'legit' credits....including a bunch of Broadway appearances.  Impressive!
I've talked to my niece a couple of times since she started rehearsals and she said that she's having a great time.  I saw the list of songs/numbers that make up the revue and I'm looking forward to seeing the end result tonight.....it should be fun!!!  

Tomorrow afternoon I have a softball game at 1:15.  Hopefully I'll make it through the game unscathed, so I don't have to attend the reunion with any unsightly blemishes or bruises.  And I just jinxed myself.  :-)

I hope you all have a great weekend!!!



 

5 comments:

Cubby said...

Have fun at your reunion. Remember to drink lots of alcohol. That makes everything more fun.

SteveA said...

You sound excited - have fun!

Blobby said...

Hopefully that's not your niece in the picture. Your niece shouldn't be 44 years old!

Ugh on the reunion, but w/all you did in high school AND 'Glee' being popular, maybe you can say you were ahead of your time.

My 30th is in a year. I can't imagine ever going, but maybe if nothing else, to have something to blog about.

Will said...

Like you, I was the arty one in a school that had no use for the arts at all. I made a kind of peace with my repressive, homophobic Catholic high school several years ago when, knowing full well that I was an out gay man, they invited me to be part of a career day for Juniors and Seniors to speak about careers in the arts.

But no reunions, thanks, for me. There's really nobody I'd care to see, but then again it might be fun to see their reactions when they found out that their taunts of queer and faggot turned out to be true!

Ur-spo said...

I hope your reunion is a splendid one.