Friday, July 2, 2010

My coffee and I....

Since it's the Friday before a long weekend, I knew it would be a quiet day in the office, but I thought it would be a BIT more 'populated' than it is.  I walked into the building this morning and felt like I'd walked into this:




Seriously, it is SOOOO quiet in here, I feel like I'm alone.  Well, not completely alone....I do have some company.



Hooray for Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee!!!!

Anyway....I'm here at work, pretty much alone.  It should be a quiet day.  I have my daily conference call with the folks in India and Princeton, NJ - then I'm headed to a meeting in a different building, then I'll be back here for the rest of the day.  I'm out of here at 3:30 every day anyway, so there's really no need to leave early....although I may do just that if the spirit moves me.  We shall see.

We have lots of fun and exciting stuff happening this weekend, which I'm VERY excited for. 
Fireworks with friends tonight, heading down the Cape with family tomorrow, a cookout/pool party with friends during the afternoon of the 4th, followed by watching the fireworks on the Esplanade from a roof deck on Beacon Street later that night.  THAT should be a great time.  I can't wait.

Before I depart, can I just say that I'm completely mystified by the amount of attention/press/hype that Lady Gaga is getting?!?!?  She's performing in Boston tonight (and last night) and I really just don't get it. 
I like her music just fine, but I don't think she's all that spectacular.  Whatever...I'm glad that so many people are having fun listening to her and following her every move, but she doesn't really strike me as the type who will be very long lasting, but who knows? If she sticks around for a good, long time - excellent.  If she's fallen off our radar by this time next year, I probably wouldn't realize it.

OK - enough about her.....have a GREAT holiday weekend (or if it's not a holiday for you - have an equally great 'regular' weekend) and I'll be back blogging before you know it.
xoxo



2 comments:

SteveA said...

Today was like that at work for me as well - I wanted to leave early since I was in early but I got a second wind and left at around 6 to rush to yoga!

I am so with you on lady GaGa - I don't understand the hype - her music is OK, but I guess it's her outrageous costumes and look that has everyone hype...I don't really care for her that much!

Anyways - enjoy your weekend and Happy independence day!

Ur-spo said...

I remember my grandfather liked to drink iced coffee, 40 years before it became 'vogue'. He would order it in restaurants, and it would cause such as fuss.

"You have coffee?" he would ask "Do you have ice?"
"Then dammit you have iced coffee!"