Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Love A Piano!!!

Jim and I are getting a piano!!!!

I'm out of my mind excited. 
I've always wanted a piano, but I've never had one.  I took lessons way back when (in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade) but I only had my Casio keyboard to play on, I never practiced, and as a result, the lessons eventually stopped. 
I even took a piano class in college (for 1 credit) but again, I never kept it up, so my piano playing days came to an end.
It's definitely one of those things that I wished I'd stuck with so I could play better than I do, but maybe having a piano in my house will make it happen.  God knows that if I don't play it, and it becomes another dust collector, Jim will have my head. 

My sister wants to get rid of her piano (they want it OUT of the house) so they're giving it to us.  In fact, they're going to pay to have it moved, and are throwing in a tuning as a 'thank you' for us taking it.
We'll pay them back whatever it costs to move it, but they said they're more than happy to see it go, and are thrilled that it's going to us.
Maybe Zachary can take lessons someday?!?!?  We shall see.

This is a picture of it.  I'm still trying to get more details about it's age, etc....but I do know that it's a Sohmer and Company 'Cupid' Baby Grand....and from what I was able to figure out, it's most likely from the late 1930s....which is pretty cool.  It's in great shape, and once it's tuned, will be a great addition to our house!!!




In other news, our niece Katie won this at a Lion's Club event the other night:




Your eyes are not deceiving you...that is a GIANT, framed, latch-hook, rug of a lion.  As tacky as it is, I have to give credit to the person who made it.  That had to take a long ass time to make.  It is huge, and I remember my sisters doing little latch hook rugs back when I was a kid, and it was a process.
Kudos to the crafty person behind this....and good luck to my sister-in-law in finding a place to put it.

We went to Jim's family reunion on Sunday afternoon/evening.  It was VERY fun.  It was for his dad's side of the family, which is a very big family, so there were close to 200 (if not more) people there.  It was a bit overwhelming to meet all those people, many who I'd only met once or twice before, but most of them I'd never laid eyes on.  Everyone was thrilled to meet Zachary, which was very fun.  He was in a great mood and not at all fussy, which was excellent. 
In addition to lots of family, one of Jim's cousins (from North Carolina) brought along their 6 week old, pot-bellied pig, named Stormy.  She was beyond cute and a big hit with all the relatives.
This is her:





On that note - I'm outta here!!!! 
Have a great day.....xoxo



3 comments:

Mike said...

I am sooo jealous! Congrats on the new piano. I have a lovely digital piano, but let me tell you...there's nothing that compares to the touch and weight of real piano keys under your fingers. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for years to come.

RG said...

Make sure you put all your wedding pictures and pics of Zack on top of the piano. Ooooh and doilies! Lots and lots of doilies!

Ur-spo said...

that pig will become huge, mark my words!