Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September Morn

Hello, my readers!!!

I MUST keep this brief, as I have mucho work to do, and the 'sign-off' date on my projects is rapidly approaching.  We're talking Friday, people...sweet.

Anyway...the weekend was great, Hurricane Earl was a bust, and poor Jim is suffering from allergies like nothing I've ever witnessed.  Poor thing.  :-(

Friday night Earl failed to do a dang thing other then bring us a timid breeze and some much-needed rain.  We had an awesome dinner (made by Jim) and sat around watching TV and enjoying some family time on the couch. 

On Saturday, we got up and took Scooter for a long walk, brought all the pool furniture back outside, and spent the day relaxing.  I grilled some burgers and hot dogs for lunch, then Jim took a nap, and eventually we got ourselves ready and met up with some friends for dinner and a trip to ye olde ice cream shoppe.  Delicious and FUN!








Sunday we went to church....I hadn't been since EASTER (oops!) so it was nice to see everyone again, and be back into the swing of things.  After church, we went grocery shopping and then had a fun day, just the two of us (and Scooter, of course) hanging around the house - trying to avoid the outside, since Jim was having a B-A-D day with his allergies.  He made a whole bunch of appetizers for lunch, and we watched 'The Road'.
Granted, it's not exactly a 'feel good' movie, but I had read the book and  loved it, so I'd been wanting to see the movie for a while.  I really liked it, in spite of it being totally depressing.  It was nice to see that although it wasn't as good as the book, it wasn't ruined when they made it into a film.  The rest of the afternoon/evening was spent on the couch enjoying the day - without suffering from allergies.  :-)

On Monday we woke up and after breakfast did a bit of cleaning.  Jim emptied out the giant closet in our bedroom, we sorted through everything, and we made a pile of stuff to drop off at the local Salvation Army store.  It was great to make some room, and not have to throw stuff away.  Once we completed that task, we spent the day relaxing and mentally preparing ourselves for the return to 'reality' today....which is where I am at this moment.
I watched a bunch of episodes of 'Hoarders' (I LOVE that show) including the season premiere, and Jim made yet another amazing meal.

Today starts our return to 'healty living'!!!!  We've been slacking as far as diet and exercise are concerned, but now is the time to get back on track.  I'm heading back to the gym this afternoon, and now that the fall is approaching, we'll have no more BBQ/cookout food to pack onto our waistlines for a while.

I hope you all had a great weekend, and were able to enjoy the gorgeous weather!!!

Thanks to B for the pictures....as always.  :-)

      

5 comments:

Mike said...

I love Hoarder's too...but it makes me want to go clean off the kitchen counters!

Ur-spo said...

I just hope the next hurricane is more exciting.

RG said...

Wait until the kid arrives = you're not going to have any room for anything, ever again. And the next thing we'll see is you and Jim on House Hunters looking for a new place because you've "outgrown" your old house. LOL

I love hoarders - especially the one's that are in denial: "I'm a collector" he says, as he falls over a big pile of trash bags in his livingroom! LOL

AJohnP said...

Exactly RG!! I find it completely fascinating how some of these people honestly don't 'get it'.

Curtain Cleaning Kent said...

Appreciate your bllog post