Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A good soaking...

Hello everyone - I have returned!!!!  :-)

I had a great time 'away' and now it's back to the grindstone.  Sadness.  Appropriately, it's been raining non-stop since Sunday morning.....so, we're now on our 4th straight day of rain.  Gloomy, gloomy, gloomy.
We certainly need the rain, but I don't have to like it!

Jim and I had a great vacation and surprisingly, it hasn't been all that bad returning to work.
Our time in Maine was so much fun.  I'm not usually a fan of the beach, but we spent the entire day at the beach last Thursday and had a great time.  The water wasn't too cold, and the waves were pretty big, so we were having fun trying to body surf.  :-)
In addition to spending time at the beach, we shopped, we ate, and we drank.  It was so nice to spend time together, just the two of us.  We came home from Maine on Friday and then spent the weekend with tons of friends and family. 
It rained like crazy on Sunday, but that didn't keep our pool party/BBQ from being a total blast.  That's what tents are for, right?!?!  Sure, it would have been nice to have a beautiful, sunny day, but since we didn't have that kind of weather, we made due with what we had, and still had fun.

I'm playing catch-up at work, as well as trying to catch up on my blog reading, so I'm going to keep this one short.
I hope you're all doing well!!!

Happy Wednesday.....stay dry!!!! 
xoxo

 

2 comments:

Blobby said...

Glad you had a nice time.

There's something fun about swimming when it's pouring rain - assuming there is no lightening, of course.

wozzel said...

lol - Blobby!!

Yeah, the rain is appropriate, good luck with the catch up!