Monday, August 30, 2010

Duty calls....

Good day!  The weekend is over, and as you would expect, I'm back at my desk.  Oh joy of joys.
At least I have a job, right?!?!?

The weekend was a ton of fun, which made it all the more difficult this morning to drag myself out of bed and get to work.  However - I'm here, and there are things that need doing, and I must do them. 
But first, a quick re-cap.

Friday night we met up with friends and went to the local fair.  We had so much fun.  We walked around, saw the sights, and I actually went on a few rides!!!  Good times.
Here are a few pictures that Barrie took which I swiped from her usual.

Here are the 4 of us in line to ride the ferris wheel...

This is us on the ferris wheel. 
We were in car #13...and it went a LOT faster than we thought it was going to.

The three of us were the only ones that were brave enough to go on a 'scary' ride.
And we screamed the entire time.

If there's a cut-out, I'm in it.

These little things we way too cute not to take a picture of...

Saturday morning we got up and did some stuff around the house, I headed into Boston to drop some stuff off at the SpeakEasy office, and then I went to the softball banquet.
Well, the house/mansion was as impressive as you could imagine, and there were a ton of people there, but nothing too outrageous went on (at least that I was aware of).  There were a few guys there that were clearly 'hired help' walking around in Speedos and dancing on the walls around the pool from time to time.  Surprisingly enough, they didn't really get all that much attention.  It seemed that most of the crowd felt the same as I and had little interest in the over-tanned, over-plucked, over-muscled, show-offs with 'manhunt' written across their chests.  No thanks.  There was a ton of food, the alcohol flowed freely, (literally..all the beer and wine you could drink the entire time we were there) and from what I could tell, a good time was had by all. 

Here's the crowd gathered around the pool:

Here's the crowd IN the pool. 
It wasn't this crowded all day, just later in the you can imagine.

I left there shortly after 6 and headed back to the train to get to my car.  By the way, as I was leaving - a little, red, fox (the animal, not the actor) crossed the street right in front of me.  I was like "Really?!?  Did I just see a fox running across the street in the middle of Brookline?!?!"  It was so odd.  Thankfully, there were other witnesses, or I would have completely thought I was hallucinating.
Anyway - I headed home and met up with Jim at his sisters house, where they were watching 'Nanny McPhee' on the giant movie screen out in their back yard. I watched the end of the movie, then we played a game of Pictionary, and Jim and I went home and called it a night. 

Yesterday was a very relaxing day.  :-)  Jim and I went grocery shopping and then spent the afternoon lounging by the pool.  Later in the evening we showered, changed, went to dinner, came home, watched a bit of the Emmys and then went to bed (early).

I'm leaving work early today to head into Boston and help out with the callbacks for SpeakEasy's winter production of the musical 'Nine'.  I'm sure that every woman in Boston will be there, and I can't wait! I love helping out with auditions and was thrilled when I was asked to help.  So - I'll be here until 2, and then I'm out!!! 

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

lovely photos!
I am mad jealous - I would love to see 'Nine'