Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sunny days

Hello all!
"The sun is shining, it's a lovely day...."  and here I am - at work. 
I'm not complaining though....I managed to get outside and take a lovely little walk around the neighborhood at lunch time.  It is SO nice out, I was thrilled to get outside. 

The weekend was a blast - and in spite of the crappy weather (rain!!) we managed to enjoy ourselves.

Here are a couple of pictures from the Pride Parade (thanks to Barrie - naturally)



I LOVE this picture....


Another great picture.
Even though {b} looks sad, he really had a blast.  :-)


Awwww!!!  Me likey.

So, we had a good time at the parade, until the rains came.  It was sprinkling and hardly noticeable at first, but then it started POURING.  Not cool.
K, B, and {b} decided to take off, Jim and I 'braved the storm', waited in line, and finally got into Fritz.

We stayed inside for a while, then once it stopped raining we went outside and hung out at the block party.  After a few (several) drinks, we were chatting with a very nice couple for a while until they realized we weren't going to sleep with them.  Suddenly they lost interest in chatting any further.  How nice.

Anyway, Jim and I eventually left the block party, went to dinner, and then headed over to a teammate's house for a BBQ.  We had just eaten dinner, so we didn't eat.  We stayed there for a while, which was quite fun, and eventually headed home. 

Sunday morning we slept in, did some work around the house & yard, and then I went into Boston for a reading of a new musical.  The show wasn't all that great, but I LOVED the performers.  SUCH a great and talented group of people. 
Immediately following the reading, I FLEW to our friend Julie's house for a Tony Award viewing party.  I'm not going to go into great detail about my opinions on the Tony broadcast or the winners that evening,  I will however say that it was great watching it with so many fun people, it was a blast celebrating K's birthday, and as always, I was THRILLED to have the opportunity to see  little bit of Broadway on TV each year. 
And yes, I was totally giddy seeing my peeps on TV....SO cool.

For those of you who missed it on FB - I'm now clean shaven
I hope that doesn't cause me to lose any readers. 
Have no fear - I have a feeling that the beard will be back in the fall...

                                             

The 'new' me.

Here are the fancy-pants theatre folks who were in the reading on Sunday:


Zachary Prince (National Tour of 'Jersey Boys')



Clarke Thorell (Orig. Corny Collins in 'Hairspray' on B-way)

Spencer Moses (most recent 'Guys and Dolls' B-way revival)



Heidi Blickenstaff (Heidi in [title of show], Ursula in 'The Little Mermaid')


Jennifer Simard (Original cast of 'I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change' - Shrek; The Musical)



Erica Spyres (local Boston gal - Clara in SpeakEasy's 'The Light in the Piazza', 'Pirates' at the Huntington Theatre)


2 comments:

wozzel said...

Sounds like you had a great time and I enjoyed the pics! Have a great day.

RG said...

You look so cute clean-shaven. AND, you can hardly notice your double chin! ;)