Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Almost there...

This week has certainly been taking its time going by, hasn't it!  I knew it was going to be a challenging week, but this is just silly. :-)

Jim was gone all day yesterday on a whirlwind 'day trip' to Chicago.  He left the house at 5:30 am, boarded a plane to Chicago, was in meetings all day, hopped on another plane around 5:00pm and then headed back to Boston.  He got home around 9:30pm and seemed to be just fine.  I was very impressed.  I would have been an exhausted mess.

I had a meeting last night at the SpeakEasy Stage Company 'home office' to discuss plans for their upcoming 20th Anniversary Season.  I'm very excited about it.  :-)  I've been part of the organization on various levels (volunteer staff, set builder, tech crew, actor, etc...) for just about 14 years, so I'm looking forward to helping plan the anniversary events.  We're planning on having an anniversary concert in the fall - doing something super fun at the annual gala/benefit, and then the at the end of next season we're planning on having a big party for all the people who have been a part of SpeakEasy's 'life' over the past 20 years. 
It's certainly going to be a lot of work, but I'm sure it'll be a ton of fun.

Tonight I have another 'gathering' in Boston, this one is a reunion of sorts, with all the folks who worked together at my old company - which was bought out by my current company.
Does that makes sense?
It should be very interesting seeing some of these people, many of whom I haven't seen since they were laid off in February of 2009.  I'm pretty sure that anyone I was close to has found a job, but won't it be awkward if some people are still job hunting after all that time?  Hopefully, I won't have to deal with that. 

Other than that, I've got nothin'. 

Tomorrow is Jim's dad's birthday, but I don't think we have anything planned for that.  He's down the Cape all the time now, so I assume we'll be heading down there at some point to celebrate with him and the family.  Just a guess.

Happy Wednesday to you all!!!

1 comment:

Cubby said...

Happy Wednesday back to you!