Monday, November 22, 2010

Short Week!!!!

Another weekend has come and gone. Thankfully, it wasn’t too bad coming into work today, knowing that it was only a three day work week, but is it ever easy to get up at 5:15am knowing that you’re going into work?!?!?

Friday night, Jim and I met up with B, K, and {b} for dinner and a lil’ shopping. It was great to see them and to catch up after not seeing them for a while. They just got back from a few days in Florida and had a GREAT time. Jealous.

On Saturday, Jim and I did some stuff around the house, and then I took off to go see the matinee of ‘Sunday in the Park with George’ at Brandeis University. As I mentioned earlier, I knew the director as well as the woman playing the lead, Dot.
I’m very happy to report that it was an excellent production. The sets and costumes were outstanding and the performances were quite good. The director made the choice of having two different men play George (usually it’s the same actor playing George in act 1 and in act 2). I was a bit apprehensive at first when I heard about it, but I have to say it made SOOOO much sense and really added to the whole thing. I loved it. McCaela Donovan as Dot was beyond great. She really made the part her own and avoided the temptation to put on her best Bernadette Peters. She’s not only got an excellent voice, but she is a great actress. I can’t WAIT to see her in ‘nine’ at SpeakEasy in February!!!

After the show, I headed home, had dinner, and then Jim surprised me with a trip to go see ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1’ – which I loved! As you may have heard, this was by far the ‘darkest’ of the HP movies, but it was one of my favorites. I’m not gonna lie – this isn’t a sit back and relax kind of HP movie, where you spend a lot of time watching all the fun and crazy wizardly stuff happen around Hogwarts. I spent a majority of the movie on the edge of my seat, waiting for the next ‘thing’ to happen. Yikes. I’m not one for running out and seeing a movie as soon as it’s released (the crowds tend to make me crazy) but this time it didn’t bother me at all.
If you’re a HP fan, I highly suggest it. I’m already looking forward to seeing part 2.

Yesterday was a pretty lazy day around the house, with the usual Sunday stuff going on. Laundry, grocery shopping, etc… This week, Jim and I are going to be building something fun which will be the place where we display the Christmas village.
Every year we talk about it, but this is the year we’re going to make it happen!!! I’ll be sure to share some pictures with you as we begin the journey. Very exciting….

Have a great day everyone!!!!








McCaela Donovan as Dot



Finale of Act One - amazing

No comments: