Monday, May 10, 2010

Red Sox - 9, Yankees - 3!!!!

Clearly, I'm a good luck charm for the Red Sox
As my friend MB said, whenever I go to a game, the Red Sox win, and win BIG!!! 
In spite of the FREEZING cold weather, we had a great time at the game last night.  The seats were amazing, the company was excellent, and it was a great game.  SO much fun. 
Of course, I didn't get into bed until just after midnight, so right now I'm operating on about 5 hours of sleep (if that) which is always a good time.
Thankfully, I have only one quick meeting this morning, so I should be able to just sit at my desk, get my work done and be left alone.  :-)

The weekend was relaxing and fun.  Friday night I spent the majority of the night making whoopee pies for the b-day gathering we were having at my sister's house on Saturday night.  It was a tedious process, but they came out very good (if I may toot my own horn) so it was worth all the time and effort.
Both days of softball were rained out because of the storms that came through on Saturday.  The fields we play at are HORRIBLE when it comes to drainage, so the fact that we had a lot of rain on Saturday made them pretty much un-playable for both days.  It's certainly annoying having to deal with the re-scheduling of games, but I'd rather re-schedule than get hurt playing on crappy, wet, fields.
Since I suddenly had a free day on Saturday, I took advantage and caught up on laundry.  It was CRAZY stormy in our neck of the woods for most of the day.  It was so bad, that a house across the way from us was struck by lightening!!  Thankfully, the damage was kept to a minimum, but the fire department was there for a while putting out the small fire that started because of it.  Scary stuff!!
After all the storms passed, Scooter and I went for a walk.  By the time we got back, Jim was home (he had to work that morning/afternoon) so the three of us hung out for a bit and then headed to my sister's house.  We had a lot of fun at her house and it was GREAT to see my dad.  As I mentioned before, I haven't seen him since Christmas, which was before his surgery, so I didn't know what to expect.  Well, he looked exactly the same and I if I didn't know it, I would never have been able to tell he had recently undergone multiple by-pass surgery.
Hooray for dad!!

On Sunday, I got up planning to shower and get ready for my game, but when I got out of the shower I had a text message letting me know that all games we cancelled.  Since I had yet another 'suddenly free' day, I went outside an helped Jim with yard work and then took Scooter for a long walk.  When I got back from the walk, Jim was just finishing up mowing the lawn (it looked SO good) then he showered and we headed to his sister's house for a Mother's Day BBQ.  We were there for a majority of the day, leaving briefly to pick up Scooter and bring him over to play with his 6 month old labradoodle cousin, Lulu - which was a great idea.  The two of them ran around like lunatics and had a blast playing with one another.  After a while, I had to head home to get ready for the game and meet up with my friend Joanne at her place.
(She was the one who got the tickets, through work)  As I said earlier, the seats were amazing and I can't thank her enough for inviting was SO fun.

Well, my friends, I'm getting back to work.

Have a great day, and here are a few photos from the night.  Keep in mind they were taken on my iPhone, so they aren't the clearest things in the world, but they're better than nothing!!!

This is the view from our seats. 
We were 7 seats or so in from the left field foul pole.

A beer and a pretzel.  This was my only beer of the night...I was very good.  :-)


The Red Sox throwing the ball around between innings...


Ur-spo said...

Your self-portrait is lovely.

cb said...

thank goodness you were there, because the Red Sox have been a bit... off... this season.

I blame the fact that Varitek isn't the primary catcher anymore.