Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Weekend Update - Part 1

Well, well, well.
I’ve noticed over the past week or so that when I get up in the morning it’s a little bit darker out….and I’m NOT happy about it.
It’s nothing that I should be surprised about, as it happens every year, but it makes me a little sad.

Let’s see….the yard sale was quite a success! We had lots of people ‘shopping’, had beautiful weather for it, made some money, and above all, got rid of a LOT of stuff! There are certainly a lot of interesting people that show up at yard sales, let me say that. Yikes.
A couple of my favorite moments:

Crazy Old Man #14: “So….what are you guys having this yard sale for anyway?”
Jim: “Well, we’re trying to get rid of some stuff since we’re in the process of adopting…and we’ll need the room.”
Crazy Old Man #14: “Jeez, people just don’t know how to make babies anymore. All you read all about are these celebrities taking off to Africa to buy these smoke babies.”
Jim: (mildly stunned) “Oh…….really……”

One of the items we were selling was a VCR video camera. It was pretty much brand new, completely intact, all the parts were there, etc…etc.. My dad gave it to me a million years ago because they never used it (seriously, who WOULD use it?!?!) and we’ve just had it lying around and decided to get rid of it.
Crazy Lady #4 expressed some interest in it and was talking to Jim about it.

Crazy Lady #4: “So……I know that this will film adults……but will it film children???”
Jim: “Ummmmm…….what? Yes…..it will film what ever you point it at.”

Let hear it for the crazies!!!!! Wow.

On Sunday, we went to church, went grocery shopping, and then headed to CT to see a show that was part of the O’Neill Center’s cabaret symposium. I’ll write more about it later, but let’s just say – for this total musical theatre nerd, it was a little bit of heaven. :-)

Check back later for a full review!!!

xoxo



Seriously....who WOULDN'T want this beauty?!?!?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL LOL!!!! OMG...a friend of mine recently suggested writing a play called "The Yard Sale"...she had had one herself and was very entertained by the people who came by.

-moja

Jim said...

Did she buy it?

I love weird people... makes me feel normal!

Amy said...

will it film children? what the..... okay, this is why my interaction with people is limited. omg.....

RG said...

"I want to return this camcorder - it doesn't work when the red button is in the O.F.F. position!"

Garage sales attract the best in society huh? "Smoke babies"? are you friggin' kidding me?

Larry Ohio said...

I'm very happy your yard sale was a success. The crazies are an added bonus :-)

Kyle Leach said...

I usually think of myself as pretty strange, but the day I had a yard sale was the day I figured out I'm actually very normal.