Monday, August 24, 2009

Hooray! It's Monday!!!

How is it that I had a three day work week last week and it felt no different than a regular five day work week?
I have a feeling that this week isn’t going to go by quickly….
Maybe (hopefully) I’ll be wrong about that.

At the very last minute I decided to take Friday off, which would explain why there was no Friday blog entry.
I spent the day Friday helping out at the call-backs for [title of show] at SpeakEasy Stage Company. As you all probably know by now….I have spent the past couple of years, pretty much in love with this show. From its pre-off-Broadway run….to it’s off-Broadway run and finally to its Broadway run, I’ve been a BIG, BIG, fan. Granted, I didn’t ‘discover’ it until it had already closed off-Broadway – but that hasn’t stopped me from loving it. :-)
Anyway – since the ‘powers that be’ at SpeakEasy know that I’m a huge [title of show] fan and that I’m quite knowledgeable about the show’s past, present and future, they asked me to help out at the call-backs for the day. I love helping out at any and all auditions and I’ve been doing it at SpeakEasy for YEARS, so it only seemed right that I come in and help out when they’re trying to cast the show that I’m obsessed with. Naturally.

It wouldn’t be fair of me to give specific details about what went on in the audition room, but I will say that I had a great time. I knew several people who were called in for roles in the show, and that always makes things a little more difficult. When you’re dealing with a show that has a cast of four people, and know a good number of the people that are in the running, you know that you’re going to have to give your friends some bad news. It sucks, but it’s one of those things that you just have to deal with. I’ve been on the ‘other side’ of the table PLENTY of times and it really is awful, but in the end, you accept it and move on. That’s not to say you can’t be pissed and angry - but you can’t let it get you down. If I’m up for a part and don’t end up getting it, I call a friend or two, complain about it for a little while, and avoid the CD at all costs.
I know that I’m over it 100% when I can get myself to listen to the show again without wanting to hurt someone. HA!!

Jim and I went out for drinks with our friends Charles and Jerry on Friday night to one of the (few) local gay bars in our area. It’s always interesting to go to a local gay hang out that isn’t in the city. They tend to attract a very interesting crowd. It certainly wasn’t mobbed by any means, but it wasn’t entirely empty either. We had fun, but ended up leaving fairly early and headed back to our house for a few more drinks before we drove them home. It’s been fun getting to know them….they seem like a nice, fun, normal couple….which is always a good thing.

Saturday morning, Jim and I got up and decided to go out to breakfast. We had to run out and buy a wedding present for the wedding we were going to that afternoon (last minute shopping, anyone??) and decided that going out for breakfast would be a great way to start the day.
We went to a local place (that Charles and Jerry suggested to us) and shortly after we sat down in walked Jerry and the twins!!! Funny.
The kids were adorable and were so incredibly cute. They’re just about three years old (if they’re not three already) and were very excited to be out and about.

I’m not going to get into the specifics of the wedding because this entry is long enough.
Jim loaded all the recent pictures onto the computer, so I’m sure that ‘picture day’ entry will be happening soon….. Really, it will.

Have a GREAT Monday, and pray for a quick week…..

1 comment:

Amy said...

going out for breakfast is *always* a great way to start the day.