Monday, August 10, 2009

I want the sun back...

This is SUCH a rough time of year.
Getting up at 5:15 every morning is pretty bad as it is, but when you're getting up at 5:15 (after a fun-filled weekend) and it's still d-a-r-k out, it's so much more difficult.

In a sudden change of events, Jim and I decided to head down to the Cape on Friday night after work and stay over night. I left work a tad earlier than usual, we dropped Scooter off at daycare (to have a sleepover with his friends) and Jim and I hit the road!
We got to his parent's place and everyone was happy to see us. We don't spend that much time down there during the summer, because we're usually doing our own thing at home, so it was a nice change. We had dinner and then sat around the fire drinking, talking, playing games, etc...etc... It was fun. The evening ended with a rousing (drunk) game of Yahtzee out on the front porch between Jim, his sister, her husband and I.

On Saturday morning we got up early, had breakfast and headed to the beach. I'm generally not a huge fan of salt water, but I actually went swimming. After swimming for a while, we packed up our things and went out on their boat, across the water to a different beach. There, we anchored the boat and swam for a while. Jim and I collected some shells (which I JUST realized we left down the Cape...DAMN!) and swam for a little bit longer. We headed back to his parent's beach around 1pm, had lunch and then Jim's brother opened his presents. That's the reason we were there, by the way - to celebrate his brother's 40th birthday. He opened his presents, we had an AMAZING ice cream cake (which is one of my favorite things ever) and then we all headed back to the beach. After a short time, Jim and I decided to head back, shower and take off for home. We picked up our EXHAUSTED pup, dropped everything off at home, grabbed a quick bite to eat at The Grille, came home and then pretty much went right to bed.

Sunday morning we got up, went to church and on the way home stopped by the grocery store to grab a few things. We spent the day yesterday at my friend Leah's parent's house up in NH - which was a lot of fun. We haven't seen them or our friends Kerry and Guy in a long time but we try to get together every so often. Leah's parent's have a HUGE and beautiful home with a pool, so we all use that as our annual meeting spot.
Seriously, it's gorgeous.

We spent the afternoon/evening up there and then headed home.
By the time we got home, it was pretty much time for bed (can I say how much I despise traffic?!!?) so we got home, got everything ready for today, and hit the hay.

I don't even remember falling asleep, and I didn't have one beer all day long!!! :-)

Have a great Monday and keep everything crossed that the week goes by quickly!!!!

Here are few pictures from yesterday:

Jim in the 'Roller'

Me in the 'Roller' - failing miserably at getting it to roll. :-)

Jim doing his back dive....and a cannonball.


Larry Ohio said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. The pool pics look great!! What could be better than a summer afternoon in the pool? Are those white birch trees in the background? They are my favorite. I need to move somewhere there are lots of them.

RG said...

Nice pool - that's the place to be in this type of weather.

And stop with the whining about work - you have a job. Count your blessings handsome. ;)

Oh the the word veri: Nymphe - I'm not kidding. LOL