Monday, December 15, 2008

Vacation - Enough is Enough

I'm getting tired of writing about my vacation. :-) Not that the rest of the trip wasn't fun, but I feel like I'm boring my readers to tears with my rambling.

Here's the Reader's Digest version of the rest of the trip: On Sunday night, we returned to Twist (after my friend had us over for dinner) and had a GREAT time there. We went back to Fort Myers on Monday morning and spent the rest of the week lounging by the pool or the beach, shopping and going out to eat with my parents. One day we went to Sanibel Island, and on Tuesday night we explored the gay 'scene' in Fort Myers. It consisted of three bars...none of which were too exciting. In their defense, it was a Tuesday night - not a big night for going out on the town. Everyone we met at the bars was super friendly, and actually struck up a conversation with you, which is more than I can say for the majority of the places in Boston. One place (The Bottom Line) had $5 pitchers. Needless to say, it was the best of the three (and busiest) and we spent the majority of the evening there....very fun. One of the highlights of the trip was getting to see the City of Palms park, up close and personal. Not only did it give us the chance to see every nook and cranny of the park, but it was great seeing my dad doing his 'job' - something that he LOVES to do and is so good at it. Again, there are some great pictures that I will post soon...I promise. If you're impatient, you can check them out on my facebook profile....Jim created an album, and I linked it to my profile last night. So check it out, impatient pants.

I'm going to get coffee, but I'll probably write later...things have been so busy, and I haven't done a lick of shopping yet.
What?!? I have 10 days, get off my case.

No comments: