Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sleepy man

I am tired.

Last night was The Company Theatre Christmas party and it was V-E-R-Y fun. There were a whole lot of people there, many of whom I haven’t seen in a very long time. It was such a great mix of people. There were people there that I’ve known for only a few months, yet there were also people there who have known me since I was eleven years old. That's a long time ago.
Craziness.
So, I'm sending out a BIG thank you to all the people at The Company Theatre for throwing a super, duper, and fun party. I was thrilled to be there and had a great time.
Granted, I’m completely exhausted this morning, but whatever….it's totally worth it.

Speaking of this morning…what a dismal day it is here in Beantown. It’s cold and rainy. Actually, it’s cold and freezing rainy. If you’ve been reading my blog, you may recall that I’m not a fan of the rain. I particularly despise when it can’t make up its mind whether it wants to rain or snow, which results in a lovely mix of the two. Yuck.

It’s supposed to snow again up here starting on Friday, continuing into Saturday and they’re saying that we could expect 6-10 inches. Believe it or not, that wouldn’t bother me that much. I don’t mind the snow, as long as it’s not during the week. I despise having to adjust my morning commute around snow. Having to rush around, heating up the car, cleaning off the car…blah, blah, blah….it’s irritating.
I have to say that one of the neatest things I’ve seen in a while was a video that Brettcajun (I’m a big fan of his blog) posted last week when it snowed in Louisiana. Clearly, snow in Louisiana is a rare occurrence, so he made a video in order to document the event. Up here, we’re so used to people bitching and complaining non-stop about the snow. (I’ll admit, I do my share of complaining!!) It was so nice to see someone that truly enjoyed the fact that it was snowing.
It was adorable.

I got some GREAT presents for Jim yesterday!!! I’m very happy with what I’ve purchased so far. Of course, I can’t share it with ya’ll because a ‘certain person’ reads this blog and Christmas would be RUINED if I shared that information with the public. You’ll have to be patient and wait….or email me.
Tonight I’m getting all my receipts together and figuring out who’s ‘done’ and how much I’ve spent so far. Once that’s figured out, I can determine who I still need to shop for and how much I can spend on them. I’ve been really good so far in sticking to my budget, so I’m hopeful that everything works out.

Have a great day....I’m going to grab some MUCH needed coffee and get to work.

Here are a few pictures (from the 2007 Christmas card ‘photo shoot’) for your holiday enjoyment.
Getting restless....

Union break.....


'Post photo-shoot' celebration.....


Angelic Scooter.....




Smiley Scooter.....




Santa Scooter.......




1 comment:

RookieRuggerLSU said...

Well we got like 3 inches last night .. enough for the power to go out for an hour. My gram had lost power this weekend for 2 days thanks to that ice storm. She was afraid it was gonna be another 2 days. ha! We're in for a doozie on Friday though - supposedly we're going to get 8 or more inches! I wanted cold weather while I am here - not a blizzard!